[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we post reason why we hate where we live and fellow anons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1454458481439.jpg (41 KB, 576x463) Image search: [Google]
1454458481439.jpg
41 KB, 576x463
ITT we post reason why we hate where we live and fellow anons suggest places we should visit. I'll start:

>Southern California
>Just relax anon, everything is chill
>Why would I ever leave California anon? We live in the most beautiful place in the world!
>Nothing is walkable
>Muh sunny weather
>Muh microbrews
>Hiking through desert and ferns is so beautiful!
>General lack of history/"culture"
>>
>>1130823
>cali
how often do you see skaters?
>>
>Missouri
>hot and humid as hell in the summer
>Icy and gray in the winters
>Lots of drug burnouts, a lot of my high school class never left my small town. Working a dead-end job, having multiple kids before 23, becoming a meth head are all too common
>lots of fats, strongly connected to poor people
>an apparent lack of cultural identity
>retarded liberal busybodies in the cities, meth-head trailer trash in the country
>arguably the worst state in the Midwest

>>1130823
I enjoyed my visits to LA and San Diego, San Diego more so. I can understand the car culture being nauseating, but I'm from the Midwest, so it's just as bad.

Life there is good, good food can be had, weather is consistently nice, so I can see how this creates this box-mentality that keeps people from ever leaving
>>
>Russka
>shit everywhere
>no moneys
>no perspectives
>shitty weather all year
>life in a gommieblock ghetto
>stupid people "muh ussr muh pootin"
>greedy and unfriendly people everywhere
>police is worse than mafia
>>
Quebeckistan

>muh French language
>muh identity
>bipolar weather
>gradually invaded by Frenchies
>world renowned shitty drivers
>part of the DUDE WEED LMAO trio (with BC and Ontario)
>>
>Germany
>now North African tier
>>
>>1130986
I feel you my fellow germanic sibling
>>
>Brazil
>niggers
>liberal hellhole thanks to copying america and thinking sweden is "SO PROGRESSIVE"
>niggers
>corruption
>niggers
>violence is rampant and we can't own guns
>niggers
>no prospective of raising in career without contacts
>white niggers

well, at least we aren't a caliphate yet like europe
>>
Vancouver
>Everything is expensive as fuck
>People saying that it's expensive because we have a "sunshine tax" as our weather is the best in Canada
>People say this as if there aren't other place in the world we could move to that have much better weather
>$6 for a pint of beer, and that's on the cheap side of it
>Not many good flight connections out of here, tickets in the States are half price
>People are genuinely not friendly, basically everyone sticks to the same small group of friends their whole life
>Government sold this place to chinks
>Speaking of chinks, them along with Somali, Viet and East Indian gangs are shooting up certain neighbourhoods
>Young people are leaving as there's few prospects here
>>
>>1130995
>>People saying that it's expensive because we have a "sunshine tax" as our weather is the best in Canada
>>People say this as if there aren't other place in the world we could move to that have much better weather
They were being sarcastic, anon.
>>
Seattle
>Practically zero sun between October and May
>Women are ALL either fat or seriously entitled
>Single men/women ratio is very skewed due to tech boom
>Very expensive and getting more so due to tech boom
>Very difficult to make real friends due to "seattle freeze"

FWIW I already left and I'm living nomadically outside the US.
>>
>Louisiana
>top 5 states for worse drivers/too many trucks
>too many crazy gun owners
>too much racism
>way too fucking hot, Summers get to 120 degrees, Winters 80 degrees
>nothing is walkable, you will get murdered if you're in Cletus's trailer park

I'm only here to take care of elderly parents, but I want to move in about 10-15 years. Travelling makes me happy, always trying to look for new destinations
>>
>Ontario
>beer is expensive as fuck and can only be bought at government run stores
>no real cultural identity or history
>housing is prohibitively expensive in all but the shittiest of shit towns
>Probably the most bland province in Canada, nothing that makes it innovative or quirky in any way
>Lots of boring insular suburbanites
>>
New Jersey, specifically near the shore
>everybody knows everybody in your county
>expensive as fuck to live in if your single
>not many job opportunities
>drugs are more expensive
>police are not laid back
>boring suburban neighborhoods peppered with bigger slightly less boring towns and cities
>lots of italians and jews
>>
>>1130823
>Northeast Oklahoma

Cultural wasteland
Not a whole lot of variety in the food
Town dies after 9
Awful public transportation
Awful roads
Too humid and muggy
Not a whole lot of naturey things to do aside from "the lake" and backwoods stuff if you live on the country
Youre fucked unless you own a car because everything is at least a 2 or 3 miles apart
>>
File: i-m-out-stewie.jpg (27 KB, 519x391) Image search: [Google]
i-m-out-stewie.jpg
27 KB, 519x391
Long Beach, CA

>Shitty hipsters
>Bitter minorities
>Huge city with a lot of shitty people.
>Crazy how quickly you can go from a nice area to a crapy area.
>its like a clash of worlds, you have to rich and well off people from orange county to the south clashing with the bitter inner city people from LA

Going into my senior year at CSULB. Cant wait to graduate and pack all my shit into my car and peace the fuck out.
>>
>>1131031
aw, i like new jersey, but i grew up in north jersey so i had easy access to nyc on the regular
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.