[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
World travel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Earth-Wallpaper.jpg (411 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Earth-Wallpaper.jpg
411 KB, 1680x1050
Hi /trv/ me and my friend are planning on a trip around the world.
So we basically search for places you have to see before you die?
Any ideas?
>>
All the unesco sights
>>
>>1051740
Yiu dibr hsbr ti srr amuwjere brfore ypu dor. Dpny br sivj a toppk.
>>
f the places I have been, I'd mark the Galapagos Islands, Iceland and Cambodia as the DO NOT DIE BEFORE GOING THERE spots.

The Galapagos for the scientific significance coupled with the scenery and wildlife, Iceland is the most beautiful place I have ever been, Cambodia, between the Khmer temples and conversations with people who survived the Khmer Rouge genocide just made for a really powerful travel experience.

Slightly next tier -- Rome/Venice/Istanbul if you know and are interested in the history of the places, Yellowstone in the winter and Japan/China in one go for the contrasts vs. similarities of culture.
>>
>>1051744
Any specific ones?
>>1051802
Iceland winter spring summer or fall?
Combodia sound pretty good thanks
>>
Definitely Machu Picchu, it is absolutely breath taking and I loved every minute being there.
>>
File: iceland.jpg (87 KB, 815x607) Image search: [Google]
iceland.jpg
87 KB, 815x607
>>1051973
Was there with my family in early spring -- there was still too much snow on the ground and in the air to get around the whole country,, but we got about on the south coast and got a guy with a Super Jeep to take us up into the interior a bit. Where we live, it is pretty warm, so that was a very different experience for us.

But at that time of yeat, it was not crowded, at least.

I'd go back in the summer just to see the change of pace and weather.
>>
File: goodwp.com_30224.jpg (443 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
goodwp.com_30224.jpg
443 KB, 1920x1200
>>1051974
Definitely going there its a must
>>1051986
The night sky must have been amazing
>>
>>1051987
We had first thought of going there when thinking of a place to see an aurora. Partly that's why we went then there were still longish nights.

It was cloudy every night we were there, and when we went to bed out last night -- got call from the front desk at abut 3 am -- "The clouds are gone and there is an aurora."

Was spectacular, even though there was a full moon so it was not as dark a sky as would have been ideal.

Still, pretty amazing thing to see. 10/10, would stand in bitter cold while underdressed again.
>>
>>1052030
Im getting really hyped
>>
>>1051973
FYI heli rescues are *for free* in iceland. but i suggest you don't use it unless you're in really deep shit, cuz the public pays for it and they don't really want to. hitchhiking works really good in iceland as long as you stick to the ring road, on other roads you might have to wait a bit. everything is really expensive there expecially tourist things. just walk around and explore, theres enough to discover everywhere, stay safe.
>>
>>1052242
Thanks I'll keep that in mind
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.