[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
no snow and no cold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Map.png (534 KB, 2000x1236) Image search: [Google]
Map.png
534 KB, 2000x1236
What US states will never no snow or cold?
>>
File: 1447574551726.png (584 KB, 2000x1236) Image search: [Google]
1447574551726.png
584 KB, 2000x1236
>>1050817

I don't think this is really a question for /trv/, but here is my very rough estimate of where it does and doesn't snow in the United States. I probably fucked up in a few places but this is my best guess and one which I hope is not too far off.

Everywhere below the blue line probably doesn't get too snow every winter or doesn't get very much snow when it does snow. Everywhere below the red line probably will not see snow on an annual basis although I think basically every state gets snow at some point or another.
>>
File: homepage_map[1].jpg (236 KB, 637x402) Image search: [Google]
homepage_map[1].jpg
236 KB, 637x402
>>1050817
Here's the USDA plant hardiness map.

http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/#

I'd only describe anything above zone 9b to be snow-free. But even where I live in zone 9b in central California it gets cold and occasionally freezes, but I've never seen snow here.

There are very few places zone 10a and above in the US. Which are generally warm year round and can grow tropical plants.
>>
>>1050817

You probably want North Dakota or Minnesota. You're welcome.
>>
>>1050825

Pretty pleased with how well my shitty handmade map in >>1050819 corresponds with this, desu ladfam.
>>
File: 1444897197767.jpg (34 KB, 490x315) Image search: [Google]
1444897197767.jpg
34 KB, 490x315
we like snow
>>
>>1050817
I live in arizona, and the winters are amazing.

Only snows in few parts way out there, but in the main hubs you wont see snow. The lowest it gets is around Jan/Feb probably dropping down to 50 in the middle of the day.

The only downside is our summers are hot as hell if you arent used to it, can top out at 120degrees easy. Its just dry heat tho so you hardly sweat and you just go to the lake and chill.
>>
>>1050817
>What US states will never no snow or cold?
S. Florida had sheer minutes of snow in the early 80s. You can be assured you won't get colder than 50F, and even then maybe if you were outside at 4AM on about 4 evenings every other year, as a front arrived. It's rare. Central and north Florida though, are a different growing zone, they aren't sub-tropical (as another anon pointed out with the plant map) and they can have jacket weather, and a couple freeze warnings each winter for which people protect their crops or bring in potted plats. Snow? Not really. Part of what makes S. Florida so desirable vs rest of the country is that Dade, Broward, Munroe counties get tempered weather in the winter from the Gulfstream (why Iceland isn't that cold for it's latitude either). The greatest benefit is that a city like Miami isn't damn hot in the peak of summer either, it's tempered the other way. It can be 110F in Atlanta to Baltimore, and a nice 89F on the same day in South Florida.

Mid-Atlantic has minimal snow, like VA/MD/DC. But when you get down to NC, rather than snow, you'll get more freezing rain and ice storms which is far more annoying and dangerous overall to your house, property and walking safety.
>>
>>1050817

I don't think it snows in Hawaii, other than that I don't know of any states that have 0% snow over the whole state.

I live in the Bay Area of California and it never snows. The climate is quite nice year round. Winter is usually 50-65 degrees F but can go as low as 40 on rare occasions. Fall and spring are normally around 70-80 (fall goes a little lower, spring can get a little higher). Summer is typically 80-95, with some days going as high as 95-105, which I would say is the worst weather we get here.
>>
>>1050942
Hawaii has mountains. Today's forecast for the summit of Mauna Kea includes snow showers.
>>
>>1050952
But the lower, populated areas don't ever get snow right? Like it never snows in Lahaina I would guess?
>>
I'd imagine the only state that never has snow fall is Hawaii, although it's be ultrarare in parts of Florida and California.
>>
>>1050986
correct

only the peak of moana kea gets snow
>>
>>1050817
What's with the design choice on the placement of Alaska and Hawaii?

Why attach them to mexico? Why not just have a box with them in it?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.