[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eastern Ukraine - safe or not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1024px-Eastern_Ukr.png (228 KB, 1024x715) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Eastern_Ukr.png
228 KB, 1024x715
EU citizen here, going to travel to Russia's Far East & China overland trough Ukraine/Belarus, Russia and Kazakhstan. Is Eastern Ukraine safe enough to just pass trough there or had I better choose Belarus in this matter?
>>
>>1129158
lugansk and donesk provinces are not safe. (two in the south with border to russia)
the over 3 provinces should be safe

the road through belarus to moscow is better
>>
Belarus is by far more safe than Eastern Ukraine, that being said, going there is not impossible. However, you can't cross from the yellow on your map to the red, at least not legally from either a Ukrainian or Russian viewpoint. If illegally crossing an active frontline is your thing, then sure, go ahead. If not, go to Russia with a double entry visa, go down to Rostov-on-Don, cross into Eastern Ukraine and go to Donetsk and/or Lugansk, then go back. They say you should find someone there to meet you and accompany you, an Interpals-gf for example. A foreigner walking around down there alone will seem suspicious for sure. It's hardly safe, but perfectly doable. Keep in mind, I have never done this, I've just read about it.
>>
Okay, I see that there is some border near the grey region. I'm still more comfortable with going to Belarus, although I will have to pay for visa
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.