[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for advice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (14 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14 KB, 300x168
Afternoon guys, I have a quick question. I am wanting to travel and Ireland, I have traveled to 41 out of 50 states here in the U.S and I accomplished this by the age of 25. I am wanting to know how i could make this trip happen, what steps do I need to take and what do I need to do before hand ? Tips and advice from anyone who has traveled before will be greatly appreciated. I do have certifications here (EMT,) but I doubt they would carry over. Anyway, all advice and tips welcome, Thanks!
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>1127821
Your post is confusing. Are you looking to travel or live in Ireland? Two different things, of course.

You need to rent/own a car to see Ireland properly. Too many towns to cover that only have 1 day of sights, and the trains and buses aren't scheduled right for you. It should take 1 week for each hemisphere of the country, maybe 2-3 weeks for the whole country if you're luxuriously doing it all at once. Go at shoulder seasons and you should find the B&Bs lovely and quite affordable, though the rain might be everpresent. Rick Steves' project author happens to do the best guidebook for this country, so just use his suggest itinerary plans for ideas. I prefer the South, from dublin to shannon as a great start or single only trip, if you only have a week.

To work as a non-euro person, I'd say forget it. I think a lot of natives have to actually leave to find work, such is the problem with the small towns and/or islands, and when you include the ability for the whole of the EU to get a work permit, from every small town in Poland, I'd say forget it for trying to work your way around, esp with a job like you suggest you'd need to do some schooling and licensure. If you want to travel while working, you'd probably be best getting your own business where you only need wifi access to just work from your laptop anywhere. Programmer? Money management? Website maintenance? Drop shipped online store?
>>
>>1127997
I want to live there and see the country for maybe a year or so. I got several skills that I have but I am sure I have to get recertifed to work in the EU or N. Ireland. Any suggestions on income? I'm all ears. Also, I was not aware that getting employed there would be so hard. Is it just because there is smalls town scattered everywhere?
I'll check that author out, I am trying to be there within six months =/
>>
I'm from Ireland, I'd say unless you have a specific talent that an company in Ireland is in dire need of you're probably shit out of luck if you're looking for work. Most people I know who work here that aren't Irish are either European or North Americans who came to study for a year in college.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.