[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /trv/, I'll be going to Rhodos for 1 week with my gf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
hey /trv/,

I'll be going to Rhodos for 1 week with my gf in july. Any tips on what we really shouldn't miss?
Also, does anybody know what the situation is regarding immigrants?
I know that there's quite a lot there, but does it really effect the tourist areas?
>>
>>1127295
Lindos and Rhodos City are prette nice. Falikraki has a lot of great beaches and there are some lonely beaches at the south of it. Faliraki itself is a typical tourist town, I think almost no Greek actually lives there. I also enjoyed driving through the Island there are lovely villages and beautiful nature on the way. Just take a shitton of water with you. If you want to eat something buy some fruits from Greeks you see on the way. Its cheap, they are poor so you are helping them and its fucking tasty. I bought one watermelon almost every day. Also there is a chappel on a mointain with a beach nearby. I think it was called Prasonissi or something like that and was a pretty cool beach. The waterpark is ok but pretty expensive and not that special, but worth one day in my opinion. Also check out the 7 springs, its great to have a cool and shadowy place with cold water after driving a few hours through one of the hottest places in Europe. Rhodos is an Island which is great to explore in my opinion so just rent a car for a few days and drive wherever the road leads you. If you are not the explore type, just stay at Falikiraki beaches and visit Lindos and the Capital.
>>
>>1127370
thanks! will look into it. We'll be staying in Rhodos city. Is going out for diner cheap or expensive due to all the tourists?
>>
>>1128346
It depends. You can probably spend a lot of money on food if you eat at the usual tourist traps, but it was actually easy to find a cheap dinner.
On another note, half of russia seems to spend their freetime at Rhodos. It's quite bizarre to see russian shops on a Greek Isle. I spoke to some Greeks and they told me that it was the same with Germans in the 80's and 90's. So don't be suprised when someone starts speaking to you in Russian.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.