[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible for me, as a 21 year old Australian, to rent a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1464432202474.jpg (146 KB, 998x622) Image search: [Google]
1464432202474.jpg
146 KB, 998x622
Is it possible for me, as a 21 year old Australian, to rent a car from somewhere in Europe and use it to travel for about a month?

I'll be arriving in London so England would be the easiest place to rent one if it's possible.
>>
Will you be going back to London at the end of your trip?
Then there shouldn't be a problem.

If you're leaving from another location, you'll need to find a chain rental that allows you to drop the car off in another one of their rental places.
>>
Hello Aussie,

You will need a credit card with more than a token limit on it.

Also, quite a lot of rental companies insist on you having been a driver for several years already. I know this from experience.

Might be worth looking in to "international drivers licences". (Usually a cheap process at a post office) These can make a difference to the car rental process in some parts of the world. Not sure about the UK 'cause I have a full licence there.

That other anon is right about drop-off points. You need to think about that.

Also, it's gonna be expensive to rent and fuel a car in Europe for a month. Even a shitty one. If you aren't a richfag by 21 year old standards, it may be out of your price range.

Unless you have a specific need for the car over the entire period, I would suggest sticking to planes, trains and buses. Europe is well served by these.
>>
You can, but they will charge you an extortionate amount of money. I believe the age the rental rates come down for is 24? I rented a car in the UK when I was 23 and I remember it's been close to 350 pounds for 6 days. I'm now 27 and just booked a rental car for 5 days for around 90 pounds.
Unless you want to get to somewhere really obscure and not serviced by trains or busses it's not worth it.
Also, don't worry about the international drivers license it makes no difference in the UK.
>>
>>1127966
its fucking expensive, u would be better of buying a cheap old car. if u can do simple repairs on ur own u will be better off that way.
>>
>>1127995
Not op, but can you couldn't do that without having some kind of insurance could you? Its illegal in the UK to have no insurance and cop cars scan licence plates don't they?
>>
>>1128013
Yeah, people talk about doing that without realizing that a lot of countries won't let you insure a car without being a resident. Australia is an exception. UK will allow it, but they tack on huge costs, plus it takes up to a month to get it registered. Also, you will end up driving a right hand drive car in Europe where it is all left hand drive.
>>
Shit, this is what I was expecting. Thanks for all the help guys, I'll just end up using public transport. When I'm older and have more money I'd love to do a European roadtrip.
>>
>>1129109
USA road trips are where it's at mate

Dream big
>>
>>1127966
>UK drive on left Side
>Rest of Europe, not so much
>>
In Europe its a lot more expensive than in other places. A lot of the rentals charge you for miles and for going abroad, so do your research.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.