[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Traveling to Peru
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (646 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
646 KB, 1600x1000
Hey guys. I'm 21, with no debt and nothing holding me down. I decided I'm gonna travel as much as possible.

My first stop is Peru. Now, I'm half Peruvian and have a lot of family out there. I should probably be able to stay with them, but if not what are some good places to stay at?

And regarding pricing, how much do you think it would cost me for airfare, shelter, and spending money for 2 weeks out there?

Any do's or dont's regarding the culture and such? I looked for Peru in the catalog and found a helpful anon with a lot of links.

Any other advice/tips would be really appreciated!
>>
>>1129347
>I'm half Peruvian
Okay, let's talk about the fact that you have zero clue about life and travel, really can't believe your questions. If you want to know what kind of food or money you'd need, start adding up airfare, hotels and restaurants. Find some menus online, and hit up expedia or something.

For local places to stay, yes, do count on relatives to host you and show you local experiences firsthand and friends. This can add to expenses not just be "free" because as a good guest, you'd be buying a meal or something helpful. What you don't want to do for hotels can be found for CHEAP on airbnb, as my friends always do when they go to lima.

Here's the cool part, you look peruvian? If you can pass as a local, and speak decent Spanish, you can blend in and take a few risks. That's a nice kind of travel.
>>
>>1129381
Yeah I'm out of my zone on this, hence me coming here.

But the problem is that My other half is Russian so I am usually the whitest in a group of people.

I'll do what you said and do some calculations to find out what I'm gonna need and such.

I know enough spanish to get me and another speaker to understand each other. That's it. I should learn more?
>>
File: El_quechua.png (250 KB, 1632x2112) Image search: [Google]
El_quechua.png
250 KB, 1632x2112
Your relatives there can give you better advice than anyone here.

Would help if you say what you're going to do there, Peru is a pretty big country. If you're going for 2 weeks is it the usual Lima-Cuzco-Inca Trail-Lake Titicaca?

I'd budget $1000 for roundtrip airfare (don't know where you live, or when you're going), another 1000 for travel inside (you can spend a lot less if you're willing to go by bus, but you don't have much time) and $50/day so $700 for a total of 2700. If you're willing to go cheap and/or can mooch off family you could easily get that down to under 2000 though.

Peru can be a lot like Thailand where it's expensive to fly to because you're traveling so far away. But once you're there you can go to some rural place and easily live off $20 a day. Two weeks seems short, work constraints?

Wouldn't really bother learning more spanish or worrying about their culture. A lot of tourists who only speak English go there (most of the locals speak Quecha instead of Spanish in the areas tourists frequent). And they aren't Arab or anything so don't worry too much about being offensive. They're used to dirty hippies going there for hallucinogens, but don't wear shorts and flip flops to a church and get upset over some bad looks.

Only real big cultural thing is how the Inca flag is a rainbow like the gay flag, but most bars or restaurants with it aren't gay friendly.
>>
>>1129439
>your relatives know more than you about your next destination

I'm gonna discreet with this. Relatives always expect the worst. If I listened to mind, I'd never have seen all of Philippines because of all the murder, kidnappings, etc. It's rarely ever as bad as people say. Source is everything. If you're a real-ass traveller (tm) and you tell me it's dangerous because you've been there I'll be more likely to believe you than my cousin who knows someone who knows someone who got hurt or some shit
>>
Went to Peru from Europe for 2 weeks. 1700€ , bus and party hostels. I recommend booking nice hikes because I found the cities pretty boring. Went from Cusco to Puno to Arequipa back to Cusco. Bring gloves and scarfs for the freaking cold nights ( frozen windows )
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.