[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Destinations in Europe for <200€
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 456965.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
456965.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Hey guys,

I'm on a budget right now, but my girlfriend and me still want to go on a either a short city or beach vacation in July. Our budget is 150-200€ per person (including everything). We live in Germany and due to our central location, we can get to most of the touristic places in Europa for about 40-50€. Our stay should be around 3 and 7 days and we're open-minded to nearly everything.

Some destinations we've thought about are Barcelona, Rome, Venecia, Paris or some Greek islands, but feel free to suggest other places. We're interested in basic sightseeing, but also going off the path into less touristic areas. Also, we're both into photography (especially street and architecture).

TL;DR: you're still welcome to ask own questions about budget travelling in Europe!

I hope someone can help us out a bit. Cheers!
>>
>>1124588

That's a damn small budget.
Barcelona, Rome, Venice, Paris, greek islands are all out of the question as you need at least 50€ per day and person even on a wild camping budget to have not a total hobo tier trip.

Suggestions are: Go to the east:
Poland (Gdansk, Warsaw etc)
Black Sea
Even Balkan should be doable.
comfy on a 20-30€ budget per day needed including hostel and eating out.
>>
>>1124593
Thank you for your fast reply. As I said, we maybe just want to stay for 3 or 4 days, not necessarily a whole week.

I was in Prague last month for four days and paid ~ 150€ overall. That's what I thought we could arrange also in another city. I think, when living at a cheap hostel and cooking on your own, we can get through the day for about 30€ per person, if necessary. But you're right, that would be very modest.

Thank you for the other suggestions. We're not that interested in Poland, but didn't think about the Balkan at all until now. We've been to Croatia already, but I'd love to go a bit further - so thank you, I really appreciate your suggestions.
>>
Bulgaria is the solution, my friend.
5 days of very good conditions (hostel+food&entertainment) is plausible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primorsko
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsarevo

These are your best bets (Tsarevo's pics are shite on wiki, google image it) as they are within your budget. You an do Varna and Burgas, Golden Sands, Albena, etc but your budget will stretch. I recommend Primorsko. Plus with day trips you can go in the expensive places, just not sleep there.
>>
>>1124598
No problem bro.

Prague is one of the cheap destinations where you can pull that off but a larger/capital city in the west or greek islands during high season will force you to burn money no matter what. Be it no hostel under 12-15€, public transport about 2-3€ per ride or a simple museum entry/attraction in the 15-30€ region.

The Balkan is comfy and if you are into photography you will love the like of Tirana, Pristina, Sarajevo and so on you still can see bullet holes and other remains from the Balkan war next to modern infrastructure and partying people.
>>
As mentioned above: go to the east. It's cheap and nicer for young people since it isn't filled with retarded tourist families during the summer.
>>
Thank you guys for your extensive suggestions. At the moment the Western Balkans are my favorite and I'll talk it through with my gf today. Bulgaria also sounds good, though.
>>
What are the comfiest parts of the Balkans? All I've visited is Croatia and Slovenia. Is Serbia nice?
>>
Surprised no one mentioned Budapest
>>
>>1126162
check out Montenegro, bro
been there for the first time last summer, going back in July for another ten days - it's cheap, the beaches are stunning, the people are nice, the towns are comfy, and the food is great
>>
>>1126784
Confirmed.

OP, you could also check out the Baltics. Pretty cheap as well.
>>
File: cat1.gif (2 MB, 335x237) Image search: [Google]
cat1.gif
2 MB, 335x237
>>1126162
I agree. Check Montenegro or Bulgaria.
Serbia is a non-country plagued by CURRENT conflicts and civil unrest, the only Balkan country without a beach, the list goes on.
>>
>>1124588
The island of Samothrace, its a camping/hippie destination with wide cannabis use. There are a lot of ancient shit to see there (the most famous greek statue was discovered there called Nike of Samothrace, although its in the Louvre now).

To be honest the beaches are not great compared to other islands, but far better than the German ones.

Lots of waterfalls, canyons for hiking, trees, byzantine churches and forts, and you dont even need a vehicle because everything is in walking distance from the municipal camping.
Just dont camp to the private owned camping, its shit and more expensive.I have actually stayed 10 days with 200 euros over there, the most expensive thing is the boat from Alexandroupolis which is 20 euros. Have fun and maybe I'll see you there.
>>
>>1124588
you know your budget, you know what you like, so why ask other people? just look for flights and hotels.. dont know what you are expecting.. im going to ibiza from frankfurt hahn. the flight is 50 eur completely, hotel was 60 per night but its 4 star. the cheapest start at about 20 per night. so if you go 3 nights its 60 plus 50 for the flight, then you have left 40 eur for your stay... i would suggest to save up a little more and go on a nice trip instead of watching you budget the whole time..
>>
>>1124588
Macedonia is pretty sweet on that kind of budget. Fly into Skopje for a few days, then onto Ohrid for another few days. When I travel there I usually spend around €130 a week and that is with eating out every night and drinking quite a bit. A combined budget of €400 would mean you'd be baller and able to do whatever you wanted. Flights can be as low as €20 one way.
>>
Thank you guys for the great recommendations. Especially >>1127079 sounds great, maybe my new favorite besides Montenegro (or the Balkan in general)

>>1127096
I came here for suggestions I wouldn't have received somewhere else and as you see - it's worth it.

It's not that I don't like to spend money for "better" trips - I'll do an around-the-world tour soon. But that's also the reason why this short trip has to be that cheap.
>>
I'm going to Romania the summer.

Fly to Bucharest for one night.
Train to see some castle in the way to Brasov
Stay in Brasov for a few days, exploring the countryside and visiting some towns nearby using the train
Get the train to sibui and fly back home

Shouldn't cost too much.
>>
>>1124588
I'm in the same situation as you. I'm located quite centrally (Berlin) and was on a tight budget. I managed to travel to Lviv and Odessa and spent about 150€ for 10 days.
>>
>>1127115
This guy has a point. Macedonia is really beautiful and there's lots of stuff to do. Plus, everything is fairly cheap.

I would also suggest you consider Transylvania, there's so much stuff to do and it would be really cheap as well. Lots of old cities and castles.
>>
>>1124607
>not OP only similar situation
excellent suggestion anon but what was your idea of getting there? hitchhiking would be cheapest but it may turn out as a waste of time, by car you gotta spend 200€ on gas.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.