[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travelling alone advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: espanioles.jpg (790 KB, 2002x1413) Image search: [Google]
espanioles.jpg
790 KB, 2002x1413
Hey guys, I'm thinking of booking a flight to spain this weekend. But ill be travelling alone. I'm excited but my friend strongly advised not to go as itll be boring as fuck. Can I get your guys opinion on travelling alone?
And also, out of Ibiza, Palmo de Malorca, Barcelona or Lanzarote where would you rec to travel?
>>
P.S. I'm mostly looking for a destination to find young chickas and party, while also enjoy beautiful scenery on daytime. Any advice appreciated!
>>
To start, your friend is wrong. Travelling solo may be daunting to some, but if you stay at hostels then you'll meet random people who will be down to explore, party, chill or whatever. I backpacked solo through Spain and had a kickass time.

As for suggestions, one place to go is Granada. I had a sick time out there! It's a small college city, so all the wine and sangria bottles were maybe 1-2 Euros. Plenty of locals mixed with travelers, and there are cool caves you can check out outside of town if your up to it.

If your near Barcelona during the summer like August, check Pamplona out for the running of the Bulls. Hotels are expensive as fuck during this time (think 300 euro) but you can camp for free in some of the local parks with a small tent. I did this for two nights and crashed with a group of Americans the third night out there. The running of the Bulls happens in the middle of town through one street. Get there by 6am to get in to run as they close the street by 630.
>>
>>1124647
Seconding Granada. Probably my favorite city in all of Spain.
>>
Hi, Spaniard here. Start with the south, specifically Málaga (but avoid the shithole otherwise known as Costa del Sol, excluding Mijas, Coin and maybe Marbella if that's your thing). Then go to Manilva, Mijas and Ronda. Then you can go to Cadiz (Gibraltar and La Linea are shitholes, so avoid it like a plague) but you can visit Cadiz, Jerez de la Frontera and Tarifa. Isla Cristina in Huelva as well as the Parque de Doñana are nice for scenery and Isla Cristina. You can also go into Portugal, as it is close to the border. Go up Portugal and then into Galicia, Asturias (my father's from there and I can assure you, it has some of the best food and nicest people you'll ever have he opportunity to know) and stick in the north, while visiting Cantabria, Pais Vasco, La Rioja (GOATest wine), Navarra and Aragon. Avoid Pamplona during San Fermin as it is fucking awful. Catalonia is nice, but Barcelona is extremely overrated so stick to Vall D'Aran/Costa Brava/Costa Dorada (avoid Salou, it is a shithole) and you can go down into the Delta del Ebro for some natural scenery. Then hit the road again and into Comunidad Valenciana. Follow the coastline and please, for all that's good avoid Benidorm. From there you can get a ferry/plane to the Balearic Islands (Ibiza is shit and so is Magaluf, avoid it. Try Formentera instead). From there go into Castilla La Mancha and visit Toledo (Alcazar is great)/Ciudad Real, then spend a couple of days in Madrid and in Segovia/Leon. Extremadura is nice, and don't forget to visit Merida (Roman ruins) and Albacete. Go into Andalucia and visit Sevilla, Jaen and Cordoba. If you want a change hop into a plane and go down to Ceuta and Melilla as well as the Canarias.
>>
>>1124647
>sangria bottles
>bottles

you lost me there .... just by this I can tell you never drank real sangria.
This is how you make real sangria: grab a large jar, pour some wine, cut an apple into cubes and stick em there, slice an orange and trow it into the mix. Mix them all together and don't be afraid to smack the fruit, it will just add to the flavor.
Add a can of soda, 7up is just fine, mix it again and then add a lot of ice cubes.
There you go, you have real sangria just how we make it in Portugal.
If you feel fancy you can use champagne instead of wine and red fruits instead of the orange and apple and you will get some up scale sangria. Give it a try ;D

>>1124865
>Cadiz
This, really I´ve been there like 5 times so far, its fun as hell in the summer, lots of bars by the beach, great food and an awesome view to the strait.

>hop into a plane and go down to Ceuta and Melilla
instead of taking a plane you can board a ferry in Algeciras near Gibraltar (don't go to Gibraltar, its not worth it), the ferry its super cheap and fast. Just don't take it if the sea is rough ... I took it once during a storm and I swore to never do it again, the ferrys are super safe though. And by the way, although you will be traveling to Africa you won't need a passport so don't worry.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.