[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Winnipeg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: Winnipeg.jpg (142 KB, 960x500) Image search: [Google]
Winnipeg.jpg
142 KB, 960x500
My father is planning a last minute trip to Winnipeg for his job and he wants me to come with him. Anything interesting to do around there or should I decline?
>>
>>1139113
I was actually just there for a funeral; which was the highlight of the trip.
>>
Depends on what your into.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
Unless you're really bored of living, decline. Imagine Detroit except instead of niggers, you have natives. And instead of guns, you have rusty knives and broken liquor bottles.

The flagship downtown store is a dollar store. That's all you need to know about Winnipeg.
>>
>>1139113
>Anything interesting to do around there
Getting beat up by native gangs
>>
>>1139113
Accompany your father of course. Someone for him to chat with during the travel, and to dine with at the evening meal. You'll enhance your travel chops with more experience.

What is there to do in Winnipeg? Doesn't matter, you'll figure it out on the ground. Hit up tripadvisor, yelp, and local newspaper, and find the hipster drinking spot, the locals nightclub-live music venue, and then explore the best restaurants in town. Bop around while your father works to have some bubble tea and noodles, and go through some the local used record store, antique clothes, art gallery, thrift stores, never know what you might find. Could be some nice park you can bring a wrap/towel to, or buy some $5 drugstore beach chair, and read a novel and enjoy nature while getting your shoulders and knees tanned.

I do a lot of impulsive travel. What I do is 1) up early for either a swim in the hotel pool/workout or find the local 8am mass so I can get an inside look at some cathedral. I usually make a friend when someone sees I'm not a familiar face, and they guide me to something cool to do. 2) Plan my lunch, which is either al fresco with a view, hopefully of some water, takeout great panini or something, like top of the levee with the muffaletta everytime I go to NOLA. I am really only looking to eat local chips, local soda or beer, something I don't get well at home. Once I have that scoped out I look for something to do nearby before or after. 3) One museum, doesn't matter if it is a historical house open to the public (love to see old kitchens and bathrooms), some garden where people have far too much time on their retired hands maintaining it, or something literary. The literary might be a setting for a famous novel, or the location of the author, like a childhood home or watering hole where they drank and wrote at all hours. Immersion in history like that. I might even pre-read or watch a local film and visit a theatre. Plan/preview a mini-tour for Dad.
>>
>>1139193
Confirmed for never having been to Winnipeg.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.