[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't they have these at all airports yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 276x183
For example, DC-Dulles has had self-checkin kiosks for your boarding pass for like 10 years now, but DC-Reagan still makes you wait in line and talk to a person to get your boarding pass
>>
It's up to the airline company if they want to deploy those machines in their designated spot
>>
>>1137937
I honestly can't recall if I have self-checkin with Delta at DCA, because I've never waited in a single line with Delta there. As I exit the metro and come by that entrance, there's an extra small counter, always manned, much as you see at the curbside at departure level.

And, yes, it's based on the airline, not the airport It saves them personnel costs, but if they don't have back to back flights at some peak hour, they should be avoiding some 200+ line pile ups. They also have space issues, why that checked bag screening is such a huge chunk of the ticket counter area, and not hidden downstairs somewhere. Reagan has less international and checked bag action, as compared to Dulles too. If you online checked in, and carry-ons, you don't need to stop anywhere but at TSA in DCA.
>>
>>1137937
>Why don't they...

Money. They cost money.
>>
>>1137937
I prefer to just talk to the lady at the desk. Seriously. I don't mind queuing so it's not a problem. And every time I've used one of the automated ones, something's gone wrong. Was in London with a group of schoolmates a few years ago and of course mine went wrong and wouldn't administer my boarding pass so they all had to wait on me.

And I was actually in DC-Reagan 3 months ago and they had those. That also went wrong
>>
>>1137937

What's the deal with curbside check in?

I've got a domestic flight within the USA departing DC-Reagan, so does curbside mean literally when you get out of the taxi / car?
>>
because even if its self check out youre still waiting in line you stupid fucking nigger
also self check out is a fucking tedious process you stupid nigger

how about they pay employees and we not fucking do their job for them?

how about that? huh? you fucking stupid nigger
>>
>>1138188
>What's the deal with curbside check in?

You disembark and drop your bags in.
>>
I've taken probably close to a hundred flights in my life, and I've never used those machines. I don't even know what they do.

I wait in line, some lady takes my bags and gives me my ticket. What's the point of printing the ticket if I have to wait in line anyway to give them my bags??
>>
>not having your boarding pass sent to your mobile automatically

Americans.
>>
>>1138379
this

airlines that don't offer mobile boarding passes should be taken over by the government and gutted.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.