[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solo road trip in France
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: sasasdasd.jpg (98 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
sasasdasd.jpg
98 KB, 625x415
I'm leaving the day after tomorrow. It's the first time I do something like this and I'm a bit worried something might go wrong or be very uncomfortable to deal with. General advices a beginner might not know?
Anyway I'll be away for a month.
>>
>>1137642

Where you starting? Which direction do you intend to go?

I've done a 'tour de france' with my parents once so I've seen quite a lot.
>>
>>1137655
First stop will be Lyon. Then Fougerolles (it's in the central region), Tours, Bourges, maybe Lyon again, Saint Etienne and then down to Montpellier and Marseille
>>
>>1137655
Oh and I'm Italian, from Monza
>>
>>1137658
Don't skip Avignon.

Ok, so you intend to go north from lyon, then to loire-valley, then south to Montpellier. Pretty nice.

Castles in the Loire-region are pretty great, you can easily spend some days there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teaux_of_the_Loire_Valley

I'd recommend Bretagne, but It's far from everything and the weather can be pretty shit.

After the loire go down through PĂ©rigord & then the Lot department. Saint-cirq lapopie is pretty nice quaint town
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Cirq-Lapopie
Cahors small city, but ok if you want change of scenery

If you want to go south you can also check Carcassone.

Then to come back, the camargue region. There's a nice park with wild horses (lots of mosquitoes though). It's similar to Italy though, so you might not like it as much.
I only gave some natural places, don't know much about the cities as I was with my parents. I really suggest you buy a guide though.
>>
Yea I'll use a LP. Oh and also near Avignon there's Arles
>>
>>1137642
I feel like going to a stage of the Tour de France might be fun. I think some people camp the night before near the interesting parts of the stage so yeah that sounds like a nice opportunity to have BBQ and beers with random people.
>>
>>1137642
The tolls are absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>1137781
No motorways cause i'm a cheap fuck.

Leaving tomorrow morning. I havent planned half of the trip. Quite adrenalinic, might go wrong, let's hope it doesn't.
>>
>>1138133
you'll be fine m8
>>
skip marseille
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.