[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in Laos and I found a piece of a bomb. It's the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
I'm in Laos and I found a piece of a bomb. It's the tail section of a bomb like pic related. It's not the complete bomb, just the tail fin section. I really want to keep it as a souvenir.

Can I bring this home to the US on a plane? Or will I have problems with security?
>>
Given it was/is ordinance it's conceivable there may be traces of explosives still attached, which might get you in some serious shit if they have the ion scan / swab things at the airport (possible given there are NGOs that fund them for poor countries).

If you must have the thing, post it, don't take anything related to explosives or weapons arouns aviation, unless the idea of being the fuckpig in a Laotian jail is appealing, or emptying your savings account to prevent thag happening.
>>
>>1137479
Is this some kind of troll post or are you just incredibly stupid...

You want to bring what amounts to potential live ordinance on board a pressurized paper thin metal tube that will most like be punctured resulting in the loss of life of all on board because you think it will look cool...

It doesn't really matter what part you think it is and whether or not it may still be dangerous, you arent qualified to know and if you were you'd know how stupid your request was
>>
Go for it, OP.
A friend of mine did it and had no problems.
Pokerface your way through customs and you'll be fine.
>>
Just put home big is it? Just put it in the hold baggage, wrapped in something
>>
>>1137479
Your best bet would be to try to mail it to yourself and hope for the best.
>>
Jesus christ OP you are in Laos and you thought it would be a good idea to go pick up and handle something that looked like a bomb?

You realise how many people lose limbs/lives in Laos all the time because of unexploded ordinance??
>>
>>1137532
>>Jesus christ OP you are in Laos and you thought it would be a good idea to go pick up and handle something that looked like a bomb?
Yes.

>>You realise how many people lose limbs/lives in Laos all the time because of unexploded ordinance??
I'm not a pussy like you.
>>
>>1137479
So basically it's just the end section, like the ones in the back of your pic? There shouldn't be any explosive residue on there, just clean it up a bit and if anyone asks where you got it just say you bought it in a souvenir shop.
>>
>>1137555

>I'm not a pussy like you.

Blowing your limbs off so cool and manly. The Laotian farmers without legs are totally the bomb in their village.

fucking fag
>>
>>1137555
lmao you're actually really stupid
>>
File: 1333855385291.jpg (81 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1333855385291.jpg
81 KB, 500x329
8/10 OP.
>>
>>1137555
Too bad it wasn't an unexploded bomb, our gene pool could do with some cleaning.
>>
UXO and a piece of shrapnel are two different things. I bet the bulk of you are also the kind of retards that start sobbing if you hold a spent casing and call that a bullet too.
>>
>>1137479
well if it's just shrapnel It may not actually be illegal to bring on a plane, if it has no explosives it's just a chunk of steel

i'd just be woried about
A. it setting off metal detectors
B. explosive dogs going for it (very unlikely)
C. getting delayed by questioning
D. them not wanting you to take it out for PR reasons
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.