[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone advise me on the state of route 206 in Slovenia? The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Route 206 Slovenia.png (438 KB, 789x504) Image search: [Google]
Route 206 Slovenia.png
438 KB, 789x504
Can anyone advise me on the state of route 206 in Slovenia?
The google street images are 3 years old, so I am not sure if the road surface have been fixed since then or not. I am planning my motorbike route to Croatia and that route looks very promising on map, but in street view the road surface looks like shit. If I had adventure bike I would not care, but I have a sport-tourer.
>>
It's a slow narrow road across a mountain pass, but the scenery is absolutely epic. You take this road for the experience, not to get somewhere fast. Your bike should be just fine.
>>
what >>1137335 said. Slow, but beatiful tour. You'll be fine.
>>
>>1137169
That's Vrsic Pass, right? I last drove it 4 years ago and it's an absolutely epic drive. Make a lot of stops for views and what not. Lake Jasna with the Zlatorog statue, the old wooden chapel, countless viewpoints, stops along the Soca river, the view of Mount Triglav when you get on top. There's also a short hike to be made to the spring of the Soca. Definitely worth it!

All I know is back then it was great and I there were a lot of cyclists and motorcyclists at the time. I can't imagine it deteriorating so much in 4 years that this wouldn't be possible anymore.

You definitely don't want to go fast though. It's too busy and some parts are small bricks rather than asphalt. I've seen people do it on sport tourers. Just take it slow and take your time for it.
>>
>>1137169
Just came back from there. The southern side of Vrsic is perfectly OK. The northern is little shittier but passable. Watch out for cyclists.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.