[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Europe Travels/French Foreign Legion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Joined the french foreign legion six months agoam from US. Completed boot camp snd basic training which included a 60km march/2days and a 110km/3days both with 20-25 kilos on our back and 3kilos famas on our front. Trained with live grenades, live ammunition for famas,9mm. Decided once I completed instruction before regiment to return to civilian life and am now travelling europe with 7k us at my disposal. I speak decent spanish and french and been having the best time in france as an ex legionare with my beret in my bag french women are amazing. Now making my way through spain to run with the bulls this week. Any advice for running with the bulls or travelling europe with no prior planning?
>>
Also anyone knowledge about schogen area visa protocol? As I said before have been in europe, mostly france for almost 6 months, most of that time in legion. Any ideas how that impacts the 90 day visa that us citizens auto recieve in schogen area? I have release paper from legion reflecting the length of my stay there and only one stamp on my passport from iceland during my connecting flight. Can I simply say my I left and returned both times without a stamp as was the case with mu intial arrival in france, should i tell them the truth, should i just lose my passport and get a fresh one with no stamps from embassy?
>>
>thinks 37 miles forced march in 2 days merits mention
>considers going AWOL (or whatever FFL calls it) being an ex legionaire
>calls schengen schogen
>missing out on naturalizing as EU citizen thru french .mil service
>axes how into visa fraud and says its because of "overstaying" not trying to avoid getting caught for shirking his enlistment oath

#HolyFuckingShit private, return to your unit and take the pee pee spanking they have waiting for you. the longer you drag this out, the worse it will be

i was going to give this a 6/10 for trolling then i realized that life is dumber than fiction
>>
>>1137064
If you read there you will see that I state I have release papers from the legion which I would think one would be able to infer from this statement that I went through the necessary avenues in order to reobtain my passport.

You are not guaranteed citizenship after 5 years in legion. Its complicated however for most countries 7 years is a more realistic estimate.
>>
>>1137065 I grasp that you have your passport in hand. You still want to lie about losing it to a US Embassy in order to leave the EU / Schengen Area and/or return to the States
>>
>>1137067
Only asking for advice no need to get butthurt. Of course I would be able to exit from France and return home with my papers of release from the legion, however I was simply curious if anyone had any thoughts on moving about the EU as well as entering/exiting because there doesn't seem to be much precedent for my situation. Also as a former us marine if you think marching 67mi/3days with kit in the mountains is easy I would be inclined to think you have never attempted such a thing. The longest march you do in instruction for marines ,the most intense bootcamp in us, is 60mi / 3 days with less kit. However i'm not leaving because its too hard I already finished the hard parts I am leaving because its an army for broken men with nothing else tolive for besides eu citizenship.
>>
>>1137069
dude, you are comedy gold. why would I be butt hurt, or rather, how could I be?

you were never in the Marines if you capitalize France and EU but not US or Marine

the other giveaway was telling basic training stories, or pissing contests between services
>>
>>1137071
I know its hard to imagine there are people in the world actually doing things in life huh? Those typos are truly infallible pieces of evidence, well played
>>
Congratulations, you're the reason Westerners find it so hard to be accepted into the FFL these days.
>>
>>1137082
They don't really give a fuck about nationality. As long as you are fit, can pass a drug test, and willing to put up with the bullshit they will take you. Also if you speak english that's a bonus because you will be able to translate intel from the more competent armed forces. However I won't lie, they will give you a harder time physically/mentally because you are a westerner. You will get the shit jobs, advance the slowest, etc. Never did I see an anglophone past sergeant-chef because anyone worth his salt as a soldier will get out after 5 years and do pmc work.
>>
Wow that is interesting. Do u know what may happen to u if they catch u? Btw dont they took your pasport in foreign legion? Since u are not french citizen french law do not apply on u, u can just back to your country?
>>
>>1137102
I didnt desert so they return your passport if you leave under the right pretenses. They even told me I could come back and start where I left off at the beginning of regimental training as long I could get similar results on my physical testing when/if I returned.
>>
>>1137077
You're right, I am not doing anything in life, because I retired. Things I am not doing include

> taking you srsly
> posting my Yarborough and blue ID card with timestamps

and, oh yeah, almost forgot:

>trapping myself on the wrong continent then asking 4chan of all places how to commit visa fraud

all while passing myself off as some sorta even lamer Lawrence of Arabia flunkout who even the neckbeards here immediately see thru and mock
>>
>>1137163
I hope you die angry
>>
>>1137168
OP _still_ th1nx I have not been chuckling sotto voce (in bed with woman) this whole time

> stop projecting your anger at your own self inflicted shitty situation on me, my brotha
>>
I've been thinking about joining for quite some time now. If I can get a job at a cruise ship and finish my 8 months contract I'll try. Any tips for getting accepted, OP?
>>
>>1137215
Op here

I promise you that at this time they are strapped for people and will take almost anyone. If you are semifit (min 5 pull ups with balms facing away plus above average cardio), sane, no major crimimal record, willing to put up with bullshit, you are golden. Knowing French has almost no impact on acceptance because you will learn. Lie to gestapo/dont believe their bullshit. They hardly know shit about you in reality. Have a very strong motivator. Ask if you have specifics question.
>>
>>1137177

As stupid as OP sounds, you're much, much more annoying than him. He can't spell whereas you're a self-important prick.
>>
>>1137058
>>1137060

You know, it's times like these where we remember the cringey retards of threads past.

This reminds me of
>Somalia Backpacker
>Hong Kong LDR psycho girl
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 394x406) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 394x406
>>1137250
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.