[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where can I visit in South Africa where I wont won't get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: africa-south-africa-hero1.jpg (170 KB, 1360x565) Image search: [Google]
africa-south-africa-hero1.jpg
170 KB, 1360x565
Where can I visit in South Africa where I wont won't get raped, kidnapped, murdered, or all 3?
>>
>>1137050
dont visit south africa if youre worried about those things
>>
Probably /pol bait, but I'll bite.

Cape Town, Sea Point. Just don't go for aimless walks at night.

For excursions, go down to the Peninsula, Cape Point, Simon's Town, Scarborough. Just don't stumblie in to the township outside Kommetjie by mistake, if the natives are rioting.

Then for another excursion, go for the vineyards. Either stay at them, or stay in Stellenbosch or Franschhoek.

With this itinerary, you'll be as safe as in any other city of the same size.
>>
>>1137050
South African local here.
Stick to Cape Town and Johannesburg. Honestly the place isn't such a shithole unless you purposely go to dodgy places like a retard. Look at packages for day trips, ask the hotel which you're staying at what places to visit & do some research what you want to see.
>>
Stay away from Long Street in Cape Town at night when you inevitably go there. As much as people will tell you it's safe, around half the backpackers I talked to (no exaggeration) had been mugged there. No physical danger if you don't resist, but still. Take Uber around (door to door after dark) and don't pull your phone out on the street and you'll be fine.

Don't bother spending time in joburg.

Most of the garden route is quite safe, take Baz Bus if you're paranoid about safety, but renting a car is the best way to do it.
>>
>>1137153
>Johannesburg

Ahaha no, are you trying to get OP killed?
>>
>>1137308
Oh and don't drive around after dark without checking with locals on the routes. Certain roads will have criminals that create roadblocks or try to wreck your car in order to steal your shit. High chance of getting hurt or killed in those.
>>
>>1137050
are you a pretty boy?
>>
>>1137314
I lived there for close to 6 years now. Its no different than any other big city.
Just dont be a fucking moron going to Hillbrow in the middle of the night.
>>
File: 1445589061215-1.jpg (1 MB, 1238x2513) Image search: [Google]
1445589061215-1.jpg
1 MB, 1238x2513
>>1137427
>Its no different than any other big city.
That's funny, I don't know many other big cities like pic related.
>>
>>1137438
Just read his journal with my shitty Russian.
Can confirm that and even more.

Seems authentic, too, there's pictures.

http://tannen.livejournal.com/66587.html
>>
>>1137438

Check out this Louis Theroux doco about Joburg - the shit about the buildings being occupied / mercenary re-claimers is legit:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xycnjl_law-and-disorder-in-johannesburg_lifestyle
>>
>>1137438
What's funny is you actually believing this fear mongering trite.
>>
>>1137617

Whats funny is that people like you can say shitholes like Johannesburg is safe.

You sound like a beaten wife that says her husband is a lovely good person because he only hits her on odd days
>>
>>1137472
>>1137617

what's incredible about south africa is not the violence rate or the poverty, or the urban decay. what's incredible is that its exactly like every other city populated by blacks, but some idiots still insist it's safe for absolutely no reason
>>
>>1137472

How the fuck does Theroux survives this kind of shit
>>
I went to South Africa for three weeks two years ago. Hired a car and drove the garden route with friends. Had a great time. If you're in Cape Town you should be fine if you avoid rough areas. Don't take minibus taxis after dark.
>>
>>1137645
There are some places in Africa that are quite safe, like Botswana or Ethiopia. South Africa is by far the most dangerous in Southern Africa, even more dangerous than anywhere I've been in East Africa, including Nairobi.
>>
>>1137660
Most of the city is "rough areas". The garden route is fine away from the townships that are dotted along it. But Cape Town is only completely safe in the small areas that are secured by guards. Lots of people from all over Africa come to rob the white people in South Africa.
>>
>>1137645

Of course South Africa isn't safe, but this doesn't mean you have 100% chances for something bad happen to you if you go there.

I went there and I didn't have any problem. I went to some dangerous places in Joburg and Durban and nothing happened, but I wouldn't recomend that.

If you are too afraid, avoid bid cities (but if you don't visit Cape Town you will lose 50% of the fun), visit nacional parks, safaris and small beachs like Coffe Bay or Victoria Bay. Or use that fancy service train for very rich people.
>>
File: 1443693893108.png (3 KB, 306x269) Image search: [Google]
1443693893108.png
3 KB, 306x269
>>1137617
>>1137645
Unlike the lot of you I actually live here.
It's hardly paradise, but it's far from the shit hole you think or want to think it is.

Think what you want. I fortunately know better and in the end you'll just depriving yourself from visitng a great country.
>>
>>1137935
This so much!

I have spent more than 5 months in Cape Town and never even seen anything bad. One learns when and which places to go to, and everything works out fine.

Of course, when the revolution comes it's gonna get real messy, but that does not happen overnight.
>>
>>1137050
Namibia zambia and botswana are all better
go there instead
>>
>>1137935
Yeah i'm depriving myself of being robbed, raped, kidnapped or murdered by niggers. I'm sure i'll live to regret it.
>>
Basically anywhere but the ghetto, particularly in Cape Town.
>>
>>1137308
The "baz bus" backpacker bus is good if it goes where you want to go, but it's limiting. The locals minibusses, while they may involve some waiting, are comfortable and safe, and so everywhere.
>>
>>1137935
>in the end you'll just depriving yourself from visitng a great country.

Agreed.
I was afraid to visit SA, and now I recomend it for everyone and I want to go back and do everything I have missed.
>>
>>1137050

Anywhere that whites are the majority
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.