[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Balkan trip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: balkan route.png (786 KB, 966x737) Image search: [Google]
balkan route.png
786 KB, 966x737
Hey /trv/, im going on a trip to the Balkans and im thinking about going with this route (pic related). I will be travelling by bus. However, there are some things i wonder about which i hope you can answer:
Do you have to register your stay at a police station in Serbia/Macedonia?
Is Kosovo worth the effort?
Would you skip going deep south into Albania?

And also i would like to know about gems or other top tier sights that you may know of (that is not too far away from the designated route). Im well sure about what i can do in Croatia, BAH and Montenegro but i would still appreciate any tips about places worth a visit. Especially in Serbia.
>>
>>1136993
Haven't ever been to Serbia (sadly). But Zadar is worth a visit, if you're going there.
Second, surely it's easer to visit Podgorica when you're visiting the Montenegrin coast already? Going from Kosovo to Montenegro to Serbia seems like a huge hassle.

I would add pics from Zadar. But I was an idiot and did not make back-ups before hard-drive failure. :(
>>
File: balkan.png (547 KB, 596x588) Image search: [Google]
balkan.png
547 KB, 596x588
I have something familiar in mind, pic related.

I'm obviously not sure about the southern part of my route but things will turn out when I go there. I'll just let it happen.
I advise you to do the same. Don't plan every top tier sight you want to see. If they're close to your designated route you'll find about it anyway.

Also: all of these countries are pretty small, you can just roam around the region

I will bring a tent with me. Will I be able to go wild camping or do I have to stick to camping sites?
>>
>>1136996
I suppose i could visit Zadar if i wanted to because it would not be out of the way. It's just that i am abit worried that spending too much time on the croatian riviera will blow my budget, i heard it's a little expensive. Reason to go from Kosovo to Montenegro again is because, if i understood right, i can't cross from Kosovo in to Serbia.
>>
>>1136993

Travelling in Albania is difficult as there isn't really a suitable public transport infrastructure. For example there is no central bus station in Tirana.

It is feasible to travel around Croatia and Bosnia by bus - I have done it last year. Be aware that travelling in Bosnia is very slow, as all the roads are mountainous and single lane. Split to Sarajevo is an 8 hour journey if border goes smoothly.

I can't say anything for the other countries, except that trying to enter Serbia with a Kosovo passport stamp could get you denied entry (idk which way round your trip route is)
>>
Will take a ride on this thread and ask here.

Is there a cheap ferry to go from Italy to Croatia? Or is my cheapest option to grab a plane?
>>
>>1136993
I would like to do a travel like this, anon. For how long will you travel?
PS: Zagreb is boring. 2/3 days there are enough
>>
From cities on your route, I've only visited Belgrade and Skopje. Belgrade was very fun and very interesting. Many locals have good English and are happy communicate cause the city hasn't been steamrolled by tourism yet, and the history from millennia ago is interesting up till today.

Visit Skopje for one day and leave. I did this and it was the strangest day in my life for reasons I don't want to write in full out of laziness. I found the situation so poor in terms of the ridiculous rebuilding project compared to everything else of the city I felt bad observing such a terrible situation as tourism. Didn't feel unsafe, just as if the world around me was mad, to clarify. Many told me the lake in Macedonia is worth visiting, both Macedonia ns and other traveller s.

Architecturally, the Balkans as a whole have a very interesting flavour, my favourite architecture in Europe actually, though it's certainly not the prettiest. Skopje had much great Yugoslav stuff, but now it's halfway through attempting to forget it's past, and the new stuff is only enjoyable as examining its madness.

Also, why bus? Among some of these routs I think a train is preferable.

I feel like you're missing out not visiting Bulgaria, sofias a pretty cool town.

Slovenia is also interesting in how completely different it feels to the rest of former-Yugoslavia, so maybe consider it.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.