[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I bring iron eggs into the US?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: ahpoh5.jpg (120 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ahpoh5.jpg
120 KB, 500x375
Can I bring iron eggs into the US?
>>
>>1136783
Wtf is iron eggs
>>
Wtf is iron eggs
>>
>>1136783
Wtf is iron eggs
>>
>>1136783
Wtf is iron eggs
>>
>>1137005
>>1137009
>>1137011
Singapore dish, they boil them in herb essence until they get very hard.
Acquired taste supposedly.
>>
If they are packaged, yes. If they are not packaged, maybe.
>>
I'm bringing a lot of packaged snacks from Taiwan in my luggage. Do I have to declare them? My parents said they never declared any snacks entering the US.
>>
>>1137043
You are supposed to declare any food you are bringing into the US. If everything is cooked, so not harboring insects or parasites, and we are not talking about hundreds of dollars worth, there shouldn't be any problem, but they do want to know about it, so they can exercise their own judgement.
>>
>>1137049
I've brought back snacks before without declaring with no problems. I'm just worried about the eggs because they're eggs.
>>
>>1136783
Wtf is iron eggs
>>
>>1136783
That looks disgusting
>>
>>1136783
>Wtf is iron eggs
>>
just buy them at an asian supermarket
>>
>>1137994
>just buy them at an asian supermarket
This. Any major city has an asian market of note where they are either making them or importing them in the right conditions.
>>
>>1137051
>I've brought back snacks before without declaring with no problems. I'm just worried about the eggs because they're eggs.
Good question. I'd guess they are sold to be consumed inflight maybe. What's the worst that happens? You declare them, and they take them away from you. No harm in trying.
>>
>>1138002
it's a waste of money though to have your stuff thrown away by customs
TSA once took away a jar of chocolate ganache; it's fucking rock solid until you microwave it, yet they threw it away
I had a feeling they were waiting for someone to come through with ice cream so that they could have a sundae party...cuz it otherwise made no sense to take away
>>
>>1138005
>TSA once took away a jar of chocolate ganache
Was it less than 100ml? TSA is preboarding size patrol as much as safety patrol. I'm sure that OP is referring to customs post-flight.
>>
>>1138014
1) ganache isn't liquid so the container size shouldn't matter
2) I understand that but it's still frustrating to have stuff taken away; now I won't bring anything that could even be construed as liquid without following the tsa rules
>>
File: face palm3.jpg (38 KB, 586x388) Image search: [Google]
face palm3.jpg
38 KB, 586x388
>>1138005
>Trying to take a jar of paste through security.
>>
you realize that they are probably sold here, right?
>>
Do all snacks have to be declared?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.