[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Moving to Tokyo, Japan Anyone have a preferred Traveler's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: aaa.jpg (44 KB, 830x400) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
44 KB, 830x400
>Moving to Tokyo, Japan

Anyone have a preferred Traveler's Credit Card?
I plan on coming back to the states in about three years, I would like a card to tide me over until I'm at least a few paychecks into my new job.

What are your experiences?
>>
>>1136322
>I plan on coming back to the states in about three years, I would like a card to tide me over until I'm at least a few paychecks into my new job.
Uhhh, don't spend money you don't have if you are unemployed. Travel as a reward for hard work, not on loan.
>>
>>1136339

I begin my new job when I get there. I meant that I need a card to pay off apartment and startup costs.
>>
>>1136351
Then use your savings dummy
>>
>>1136365
I could, but I thought a Traveler's Credit Card (with its perks) could be a useful (use on occasion) sort of thing.

From the lack of responses, I guess it isn't as common as I thought.
>>
>>1136366
You made it seem like you didn't have any money and was going to coast on the card. Of course you should use your card for everything you possibly can so long as you never spend money oyu don't have
>>
>>1136322
I have that exact card, it was a pain to get though. I had to send them paystubs, proof of adress etc in order to even apply. It has great benefits, I would definitly recommend!
>>
>>1136434

yeah, I work at Chase and the Sapphire is mostly pushed for private clients with high balances and incomes. It really is an awesome card though once you manage to get your hands on it.
>>
I myself prefer to use the Amex Premier Rewards Gold card due to its partners, but the CSP is good too. Also, more places accept CSP although I used my Amex everywhere in Tokyo. Also, don't turn your points into $$$. Use them to transfer to partner airlines.
>>
Hell yeah nigga. I've got many. Amex platinum, Amex gold, Amex everyday, Delta Skymiles, Chase Sapphire Preferred - all the good shit. So worth it.
>>
>>1136460
Yes and no. I use them to buy flights some on the card travel portals - specifically because they earn MQMs and MQDs on Delta to up my status when doing so. Diamond Medallion has its perks.
>>
I use the Saphire Preferred. It's pretty great. But I plan on cancelling it in October when my first year ends, after that they start charging you $95 annual fee.
I plan on getting the Capital One Quicksilver after that. No annual fee but the rewards system is not as good, but also no foreign transaction fee.
>>
>>1136716
Amex Everyday Preferred is the best consumer card currently
>>
>>1136719
Source on that? Everything I've read has said that OPs card is the best all around even with the fee if you actually use it for most of your expenses. The only thing that makes it better is combining with the Chase Freedom and importing the 5% points into the Sapphire miles
>>
>>1136723
>best all around even with the fee if you actually use it for most of your expenses
How is it good enough to merit the $95 annual fee? That would require me to spend $9500 on travel and dining a year just to match the fee, with 2% on those but taking off the 1% that all cards already give.
>>
>>1136735

Its basically only good for the first year, after that its dogshit unless youre rich but at that point im sure you can find an even better card.

But yeah im doing the same, going to have nearly 100,000 points by the end of my trip that im going to burn through before i cancel so i dont have to pay the fee. 95$/year is fucking stupid.
>>
>>1136322
I used a card like that in Egypt because someone told me a chip was important and I only had a debit card. I could only use it in this one grocery store. But then Japan is a developed country.
>>
>>1136735
The miles are worth more than the points.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.