[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best shit to do in Florence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5
File: 270px-Collage_Firenze.jpg (21 KB, 270x203) Image search: [Google]
270px-Collage_Firenze.jpg
21 KB, 270x203
Best shit to do in Florence
>>
File: Uffizi_Gallery,_Florence.jpg (272 KB, 1037x691) Image search: [Google]
Uffizi_Gallery,_Florence.jpg
272 KB, 1037x691
>>1135894
Uffizi Gallery is God tier
>>
>>1135894
go to Santa Maria del Fiore and visit the dome of Brunelleschi, it's amazing
>>
>>1135899
>dome of Brunelleschi
you can also go up to the dome and walk around the circular balaustrade to see the frescoes and then go up again to the dome's peak and see a panorama of Florence

protip: DON'T DO IT if you are claustrophobic. believe me
>>
How do I find good Italian food and not tourist shit that's overpriced?
>>
File: paoli-4.jpg (397 KB, 992x412) Image search: [Google]
paoli-4.jpg
397 KB, 992x412
>>1135904

In Florence:
>Ristorante Paoli (pic related): inside an historical palace with frescoes, close to Dante's house
>Trattoria 13 Gobbi
>Ristorante Perseus
>Trattoria al Trebbio
>Trattoria Peperoncino
>Osteria delle Belle Donne
>Ristorante Il Magazzino

Or you can just google "migliori ristoranti di___ (insert Italian name of a city)" which means "best restaurants of___" and go on Tripadvisor. Example: https://www.tripadvisor.it/Restaurants-g187895-Florence_Tuscany.html#MAINWRAP
>>
>>1135899
Definitely do this. (and definitely go up to the top, unless you are ill or metaphorically or literally lame)
>>
>>1135904
Get a lampredotto sandwich with green sauce from one of the street vendors. Shouldn't be more than 4 euros.
>>
>>1135894
If you're into art, then the Uffizi Gallery is the way to go. Plenty of artworks of various forms to see, and it includes Boticelli's famous paintings Primavera and The Birth of Venus.

To a lesser extent there's also the Galleria dell'Accademia, which deals mainly in sculpture and is best known for housing Michelangelo's David. Some of the statues in the galleria (including David) actually have duplicates out near the Palazzo Vecchio in a little area known as Loggia di Lanza which is worth a quick look.

In terms of city viewing, I recommend heading up to Piazzale Michelangelo by way of the bridge at Ponte Vecchio. Both of these attractions aren't actually very good in and of themselves - the bridge is very touristy and the piazzale itself is basically a parking lot where street vendors try to sell you selfie sticks - but you can get a good view of the Arno from the bridge and the whole of Florence from over the edge of the piazzale.

There are also dozens of churches, as expected of Italy, arguably the most recognizable of which is il Duomo which marks the city center. If you like giant Renaissance-era stone architecture, then welcome to flavor country.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.