[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm interviewing at a place in Georgia on Friday. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMGP7615-2.jpg (210 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
IMGP7615-2.jpg
210 KB, 1000x665
I'm interviewing at a place in Georgia on Friday. I'm from the midwest and have never been to GA before, and have 5-6 hours of free time after the interview until I need to be at the airport for the return flight. What are some things I should do/see when I'm down there? I'll be interviewing about an hour northeast of Atlanta, but have a rental car with unlimited miles.

Also Dirty South general I guess: if anyone lives/has lived down there, info about the good/bad areas, weather, etc. would be much appreciated.
>>
I'm in Atlanta frequently. Definitely do Underground Atlanta if you're into the history of the area -- one of the oldest areas of Atlanta, under the city of course. Little Five Points for food (Tijuana Garage), bookstores, etc. It's going to be hot as the nine circles of hell; there's no other worthy description of July in Hotlanta.
>>
Not going to look it up myself but if its close enough hang out in savannah for a goid ole fashioned confederate south time
>>
>>1135518
Thanks for the info. I've been checking out houses/apts online for a while now so I'm only gonna spend maybe 30 min to an hour checking out some neighborhoods. The rest of the time I'll probably checking out Atlanta. I might even have some time Thursday since my flight gets in at like 4. Might stop by the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area on my way back to Atlanta too.

>>1135519
Unfortunately it's like 4 hours from Savannah, but I definitely have plans to visit if I get the job.
>>
>>1135518
I've lived in Savannah for about eight months. Only been to Atlanta once, so can't really help you there. Actually, all I can really do is second the anon that warned you about the heat. The heat's pretty bad and the humidity is worse. Be prepared to be sweaty.

Good luck with the interview dude; hope you get the job.
>>
>>1135565
>Good luck with the interview dude; hope you get the job.
/trv/ : still The Nice Board from time to time
>>
>>1135565
Thanks man. That's the one thing I worry about is the humidity. I actually had an offer for my dream job, out in Cali, but they rescinded it like 3 weeks later and totally fucked me. Would have been living in a nice arid climate half way between Yosemite and Joshua Tree.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.