[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck am I supposed to do in Venice, every step I take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (17 KB, 351x144) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17 KB, 351x144
What the fuck am I supposed to do in Venice, every step I take a tourist trying to take a photo is in the way. Any tips/out of the way places I should visit to escape the crowds.
>>
If I remember correctly, the crowds die down as you you move away from the line between the train station and St. Mark's Square. So try walking east, past the arsenal, to the tip of the island cluster. Or try, as much as possible given the available bridges, to walk the perimeter of the city.
>>
>>1134953
Thanks, we are trying to go out by the Basilica and Doges palace around 9-10 pm so we can properly see that area. Any specific recommendations for the day though? Tomorrow is our last day and we want to make the most of it.
>>
File: DougIoR.jpg (323 KB, 1500x996) Image search: [Google]
DougIoR.jpg
323 KB, 1500x996
>>1134956
>>doges palace
>>
>>1134949
There's actually tons of places with no tourists, you just have to look for the small alleys and stuff like that. I remember most parts of the jewish neighborhood were empty, the island of Giudecca as well, tons of tiny little streets on the arsenal side. Just get rid of your map and go run around, get lost, don't go chasing any sights in particular.

Even in Burano there was tons of places were no tourists could be found.
>>
Burano, Murano, Giudecca, Zattere and campo Santa Margherita might be the best places to visit with a small number of tourists. I've been working in Doge's palace since the firts of June and you don't even know how frustrating it is dealing every day with thousands of people on my way from the Ralway Station to San Marco.
>>
>>1134949
>this sort of thread again
look, people are going to want to see the things you want to see and people can go where they want

you will never escape this.
>>
>>1134949

Go inside Florians in St Marks Square. The most amazing cafe you'll ever see and pleb tourests will just stay outside because they're unaware how stunning it looks inside.

You'll also find a nice little park round the back of St Mark's square by the grand canal, it's pretty, has trees (rare for venice) and quite quet despite being right in the centre of the main tourest area because most tourests just don't know about it.

The Lido, apart from the beach, is also quiet but that is because it is more like benedorm than venice and who wants benedorm when venice is just a short boat trip away.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.