[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albania:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: albania.jpg (125 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
albania.jpg
125 KB, 1200x800
I am going to travel down to Albania for a week or two. Will probably visit the capital Tirana and look around the beaches.
Any other cities worth checking out that are near Tirana?
What are some must see things in Albania?
How is the safety, are they like Romanians that steal everything?
And where can you get cheap weed in Albania, I heard they have lots of tobacco and marijuana plantages.
>>
I work with Albanians.

You are aware that a civil war just recently happened there, right?
It's like fucking Tehran right now.
>>
>>1134607
what the fuck are you talking about ?
>>
>>1134607
Wat.
No.
>>
>>1134604
read some ismail kadare before you go

I have been there (there is no vivil war btw) and albanians in albania and kosovo are super friendly. keeping guests safe was part of the country's legal code for centuries, especially in the mountains. don't go to tethi though, it's become touristy bullshit.
>>
>>1134838
thanks for the info, appreciated
>>
It'll be really hot, hope you found a decent place to sleep where it's not 35° during the night.
I stayed 2 weeks in Milingona center hostel they have rooms downstairs where it's cold, really nice place 8€ a night.

I was just chilling so can't really help you but go drink something at rooftop 16 for a nice view, seriously the only thing I can suggest.
I mean I found a lot of places I like but just by walking and I don't know how to guide you.

It's really safe, even more than switzerland where I live. Once you know how to cross the roads though.

Their bus system to move between cities is anarchist but when you got it it's cheap and efficient, sometimes you just get in a dude's car instead but it's the same price.

Not to many gipsies, be careful with the kids coming to close, only happened once to me though.

So just have fun and skip Shkoder. Vlora was pretty bad too, maybe Saranda is better.
>>
>>1135012
Also remember they just came out of communism and enjoy their new freedom. Don't be afraid to ask for exactly what you want, also 300€ a month is a good pay.

Want something not on the menu like half a tomato and nothing else, you'll get it.
Want to do a trip on a fishing boat or to some place in the mountain, just find a guy doing nothing and he'll redirect you to à friend or cousin.

I smelt weed a few times, I guess it's the same than any where, ask some youth and be ready to bargain and hope they don't have some bad and dry shit.
>>
>>1134607
A civil war happened in Kosovo, not Albania. Also that was about 15 years ago.
Also when was there a civil war in Tehran?

Your comment overflowing in stupid.
>>
>>1135017
'just'.
27 years now.
Same as east Germany.
You can hardly compare Albania with e.g. Romania or Poland btw...
>>
>>1135350
I love how people are brainwashed by Fox news to believe that Tehran is a shithole. I'd rather live there than in Los Angeles for example.
>>
/alb/anian here.
AMA.
>>1134607
Ignore this troll/idiot.
>>
>>1134607
3/10.
Nowhere near the level of
> have been chased by Maghrebi tribespeople through the rainforests of Namibia.
>>
File: Tehran.jpg (25 KB, 800x557) Image search: [Google]
Tehran.jpg
25 KB, 800x557
>>1135354
>being this edgy
The human rights situation in Iran is abysmal, and the air pollution in Tehran is on par with China's worst cities.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.