[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /trv/! I'm doing this august a 2 weeks roadtrip around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 4751679398_02c619cf80_b.jpg (1 MB, 1024x960) Image search: [Google]
4751679398_02c619cf80_b.jpg
1 MB, 1024x960
Hello /trv/!
I'm doing this august a 2 weeks roadtrip around Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria with a camping-car.
I know that we will visit Sofia, Varna, Bucarest and Constanţa.
I think we'll hang 2-3 days to each cities, and some days in Serbia (we will visit a friend home village).
We're specially interested in beautiful landscape and historical / cultural places.

A friend wanted to go in Transylvania, is it possible with our 2weeks ? I don't think so but it would be cool.
So thanks for the informations!
>>
>>1134586
Bumping the thread
>>
>>1134586
>>1134893

Drunken ridiculous useless bump, nobody cares anyway
>>
Hey, anon. Romanian here. I would say to definitely include Transylvania, if you're mainly looking to see beautiful & history rich places. Maybe ditch Constanta - it's not very interesting. If you really want to go to seaside in Romania, there are some resorts that are better. And then there's the Danube Delta, but that's another story.

I'm currently at work, but I will come back later with more info if you're interested.
>>
>>1135683
Yay, it's cool, if you have a lot of interesting places to see.
Specially, is there any good museums at some specific place?
I guess there's some at Bucarest,but if there's more to see, it's good ;D
>>
File: 43.jpg (262 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
43.jpg
262 KB, 1280x853
>>1135685

As I said, unless you really want to see the Romanian seaside, I'd skip Constanța (you're going to Varna after all).

In Dobruja the Danube Delta is a must see but 2-3 days wouldn't be enough to enjoy it (and you can't take your car to Sfântu Gheorghe anyway).

Bucharest can be awfully hot and dusty during August. I guess you will want to see the usual landmarks, such as the People's House or the Atheneum. The National History Museum can be interesting (it depends on how much of a history buff you are) - they have a replica of all the scenes on Trajan's Column, and there is also a cool exhibit of various ancient treasures of Dacian/Thracian or Gothic origin and the Romanian crown jewels.

If you decide to go to Transylvania, I'd say to be bold and take the scenic route: the Transfăgărășan. Just make sure the road is open in the period you're visiting. You'll pass through Curtea de Argeș before it - make sure you stop by and see the Argeș Monastery for a couple hours.

After passing through the mountains you could go to Sibiu - one of the original seven german cities of Transylvania. You could spend about 2 days here and enjoy the historical center. If you're into art, check the Bruckenthal Palace's collection. Another interesting place near Sibiu is the Village Museum - an open air museum featuring old houses built in the various styles found across Romania.

From Sibiu you have several options on what to do next. You could do a short trip to Alba Iulia and see the Vauban fortification there (an afternoon in the town centre is enough). Or you could go on a trip, passing through Mediaș and Sighișoara and seeing their historical centres for a few hours each. Around the area there's also the Biertan fortified church, if you don't mind the detour.

You could finish your trip by going to Brașov and visit Bran and Peleș Castles while you're around. They're very touristic, but I wouldn't miss them. Chill for a day or two and go back to Bucharest.
>>
>>1135800
Thanks for the Intel, I'll definitely go on the scenic Road.
It's cool you gave me a lot of locations name, I'll try to visit them all ;)

Now, I just need some good places on Serbia and Bulgaria and I can prepare a map !
>>
File: 20151213_111317.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151213_111317.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Bulgarian here. In the spirit of being cooperative with Romanianon, I'd recommend after passing through the Romanian Black Sea coast to drop down to Varna, vacation capital of Bulgaria. Go westward and pass Veliki Preslav, capital of the First Bulgarian Tzardom (years 893 – 968/972). The fortress fits your history interests.

Continue westward to Veliko Tarnovo, capital of the Second Bulgarian Tzardom (1185 — 1396). Large and well preserved fortress open to tourists as well as the usual churches, etc.

Next stop Koprivshtica, you can experience Bulgarian National Revival architecture at it's finest. Multi-colored houses in traditional style, cobble-stone roads, very pleasant to the eye.

Plovdiv is the city of seven hills and is very old, Roman, Ottoman, Bulgarian National Revival and contemporary architecture in 1 city. Plus the hiking on the easily accessible hills in the middle of the city.

Sofia offers a lot of options as well, second-biggest and most beautiful orthodox temple on the Balkans, St Alexander Nevsky is in Sofia and a lot more.

Varna - 1
Preslav/VT - 1 day
Koprivshtica - 1 afternoon
Plovdiv - 1 day
Sofia - 2 days

I feel like these are the very, very broad strokes but there's just too much.
>>
>>1136152
I didn't expect n answer so fast.
Thanks to you for the Informations, I'm ready to prepare my travel!

Thanks to both of you, have a good day!
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.