[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Redpill me on Québec City. I am debating going there this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 620x388
>Redpill me on Québec City.

I am debating going there this early November with my wife for a short vacation (4 nights). Last year we went to Prague and Krakow during January and I really enjoyed the mood/setting. Obviously Quebec City isn't Europe but I was thinking for a short trip it would be a good location. Or is it just full of your typical touristy shit?
>>
>>1134187
Your unnecessary use of /pol/memes makes me leery of helping you.
>>
>>1134197
>>1134197
Why does /pol/ trigger so many people even when it is barely referenced?

Anyway, OP I went there before and honestly it was kind of boring.
>>
>>1134197
how is that /pol/ in any way, you retard?
>>
>>1134239
>>1134241
>redpill me on X
redpill should be an instaban. nobody wants the cancerous faggots from /pol/ outside of their containment board
>>
>>1134242
>>1134197
>being so triggered that you have to derail a thread just because a guy uses a meme word to say "inform/tell me about"
sure is summer
>>
File: + (536).jpg (2 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
+ (536).jpg
2 MB, 3872x2592
>>1134242
Piss off, you are the one mentionning /pol/ in the first place

>>1134187
>Obviously Quebec City isn't Europe

Well it's probably the most European city in North America as far as architecture go
>>
>>1134187
>early november

I can't think of a worse time to visit.
I would go as far as to say you shouldn't visit if that's your only availability. It's just gonna be cold rain and empty streets.
Quebec City is nice, but it's not a big city like NYC that you can visit at any time of the year
>>
>>1134187

>Quebec city
>november

for what purpose?
>>
>>1134187
It's racist as fuck and far right considering the province is majority leftist. No wonder why no one likes them... the whole country, the province, the near regions, it's south shore. Heck, even their mayor is a huge cunt toward it's residents. Nice scenery though
>>
>>1134197
>>1134242
this isnt your website fuck off back to redddit if you dont like it
>>
>>1134320
hottest girls in the country too
it's literally impossible not to get a boner when you're walking downtown holy shit.
>>
>>1134320
>far right
That's pretty interesting. My Quebec sovereigntist friends say they vote left because the right are all anglos and centralists, while left parties like the Bloc are more in line with Quebec's interests. Considering Quebec City is the the francophone cultural center of the province, it's interesting that you would label it as right.
>>
>>1134361
it's one of the only places in the province that voted majority conservative during the last election (and the others prior to this one). Also trash radio is a big thing there. Remember that Jeff Fillion is from Qc.
>>
>>1134187
South American families will be there as tourists and they are both stupid and arrogant and will ruin everything.
>>
>>1134187
If you don't speak french, don't bother.
>>
>>1134187
Don't bother, if you don't speak French they'll treat you like shit. Bunch of fucking cocks.
>>
>>1134407
>>1134406
Why are French speaking populations like this?
>>
>>1134417
Salty about no longer being a lingua franca and world power.
>>
"On average, January is the coldest month of the year for Prague, Czech Republic. During this month, the average temperature starts off at -1.5°C, created by highs of 1°C during the daytime and lows of -4°C after dark."
Quebec:
Daily low temperatures range from -6°C to 0°C, falling below -13°C or exceeding 4°C only one day in ten in November.
>>1134406
>>1134407
Albertafags detected. U mad because your resource-based economy collapsed?
>>
>>1134239
>>1134241
>>1134323
>>1134280
>hurr durr WE IZ LEGIN
yeah nah cunt. /pol/ is a containment board, and its shit memes (MUH REDPILLZ being among the foremost) can stay there. Using memes identified with a shitty basement-dweller's tinfoil hat board like /pol/ identifies you with /pol/ as well. Either way, you take your shit-covered boots off at the door of /trv/ out of general respect for another board's 'culture'.

/trv/ is full of a lot of regulars, like myself, who have been here for years. One of the few reasons /trv/ isn't total shit is because of a general disinterest/refusal to adopt retarded memes.

>>1134417
They feel threatened by English, which to be honest they sorta are.
>>
>>1134417
>why don't Americans like Mexicans
>why don't Europeans like Syrian refugees
>why don't Japs like Koreans
>why don't the Irish like bongs
>>
>>1134517
Those are one group of people. French speaking people just belittle anyone who doesn't speak French.
>>
>>1134293
Wouldn't it be snowing given their average temperature that time of year?
>>
>>1134874
Nah there won't be any snow early november. For the past few years, winter has be coming later than usual.
Even if you came early december, I wouldn't bet too much money on snow
>>
>>1134534
>americans dislike mexicans because of crime, and they don't speak english and make everything worse
>euros dislike syrians because of crime and they don't speak the language, and drive up prices, and generally make everything worse
>THE FRENCH ARE SO MEAN HOW DARE THEY ASK PEOPLE TO SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE
fuck off
>>
Is old quebec city just one big tourist trap? Are there other cool things to see in old quebec other than architecture?

If not, what are some good things to check out beyond that area? I'm going in early august
>>
>>1134490
r e d d i t
>>
File: Chateau_Frontenac_Quebec_City.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Chateau_Frontenac_Quebec_City.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1200
>>
>>1134874
>>1134955

What times are the best to go and why?
>>
>>1134490
>being so triggered by people associated with those withnon left opinions you have to write a paragraph(s)
I could say using memes like hating /pol/ identifies you with people with shitty purple hair and 8 genders that use hateful sites like tumblr identifies you with tumblr as well. Now kys
>>
>>1136120
>>1136855
t r i g g e r e d
>>
>>1134969
The type of french speakers who throw a bitchfit and hearing English are a fucking joke and I say this as a bilingual speaker.

They only have that special status because we let them and gave them way too much special privileges that made them super entitled
>>
>>1134406
>>1134407
You guys could not be further from the truth. I am here to practice my French and I'm having problems with people switching to English the second I make some kind of grammatical mistake. No one has been a prick to me.
That said, it is a francophone land and you will run into people that don't speak English, so at least give a fucking "Bonjour" and a "Merci" and spend an afternoon trying to learn the basics of French before you go.
If you have had bad experiences with people maybe you started off a conversation in English? I know in Texas it annoyed me when people would come up to me and speak Spanish, assuming i would understand.
Québec is very proud and when you don't acknowledge their provincial identity (which the language is a huge part of) they might understandably get a bit peeved.
>>
>>1136853
Summer hands-down because in winter it gets fucking cold
Early-mid july is the best so you can catch the Quebec music festival, they always have big names artists performing (they had Paul McCartney a few years ago)
>>
>>1136957
being able to speak your language in the country of your birth, which has spoken your language for 300 years, is not a privilege

take some advice from an american, you can't do ANY fucking job these days without speaking spanish. why do I have to learn to speak the language of someone else just to do some simple job?

speaking your language isn't a privilege. it's a right, because as soon as other people come into your country they start demanding that you speak their language, and then it's a burden on you to learn their language.

so fuck off.
>>
Canadafriend here. I went there just in March. Quebec City is just kinda dull. It looks nice and there's a bunch of historical stuff. The snow may get crazy but that's how Quebec just is. If you're looking for tourist stuff like pictures and overpriced shit go there. If you want to have fun, id recommend Montreal instead. The night life is superb, and the people speak English everywhere. Quebec City is still kinda super French, and sure people may speak English, but not nearly as much as Montreal.
>>
Americafag with no French background here, just visited Montreal. The french there don't seem to don't seem to mind if you don't speak French. I visited for 12 days and only encountered one metro agent who refused to speak to me in English. I thought it was great being immersed in the culture and tried to do simple things like order coffee but like another anon said they just start speaking English. I was told this was just so they can practice their English? I found it was very easy to meet people on tinder/bumble, get around speaking only English and all the reports on youtube that tell of English being oppressed etc seem pretty sensationalized.

I'd move there in a heartbeat. Loved every second of it.
>>
>>1134320
What is this meme about Quebec city being racist? I live there and everyone I know is kind to tourists unless they are loud americans
>>
File: Vive_le_Quebec_Libre.png (29 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Vive_le_Quebec_Libre.png
29 KB, 2000x1000
>>1136966
This guy gets it.
>>
>>1137073
The festival is happening right now. Last night I saw IceCube and in a few days I'll see Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Rammstein
>>
>>1137265
It is very different if you go as a tourist. American (or really any non-Canadian) tourists are given somewhat of a pass on not knowing French. Actually living there is a different matter. If/when people discover you live in Montreal and can't speak French, then you WILL get attitude. Not from everyone, but enough to put you off.
>>
>>1137265
I'm usually a very nice guy and I'm far from being one of those retarded nationalist hicks who get mad at anglophones (actually vehemently pro-bilingual), but if you move here and act as if it's totally okay to not try learning even a smidgen of French I'll despise the fuck out of you.

>>1137291
A lot of people (esp the libtards in Montreal) think everyone in QC thinks like Jeff Fillion and the fucktards from Radio X. I've lived in Quebec City for a while and everyone was chill as can be.
>>
>>1137293
Thanks mec

>>1137294
I'm here for the festival too bruh let's be friends. Are you going to the electronic shows tomorrow? It's gonna be filthy

Also if anyone has anything to say about Saguenay I'm all ears, I'm thinking of hitchhiking up there next week. I assume there's a bit less English spoken there (compared with QC and MTL) and maybe even less in the countryside ya?
>>
>>1137294
Based Chilli Peppers.
>>
>>1137291
First pass the post and the best radio in Canada. At least it keeps the most retarded liberals out.
>>
>>1134490
kek, somebody is sure mad about being called a degenerate subhuman
>>
>>1136853
Early March or end of January-early Feb.

At the end of January you get the town's winter festival which lasts for a while.

In March most Sugar Shacks will be open for business and you'll still get to do all the winter activities that you'd be able to do in Jan/Feb.

>>1136966
A lot of it has to do with integration. If you're a tourist and you come visit, no big deal if you don't speak the language. But if you go to live in another country and don't bother learning the language, why the fuck are you moving there in the first place? You go live in another country, you learn the culture, you learn the language, you adapt. Don't go acting all pissy because the locals don't take a liking to you if you refuse to become part of their country. That's just common sense.

In any case, if you plan on visiting Québec, Québec City is your choice for touristy stuff while Montréal is your choice for the big city life. Just don't show up in Spring or Autumn. No major festivals and it's mostly cold as fuck (relatively speaking, 5-10°C is fine weather for going outside in jeans and a shirt for natives).
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.