[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a Travel Insurance general discussion? The pro and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Travel-Insurance.png (201 KB, 572x300) Image search: [Google]
Travel-Insurance.png
201 KB, 572x300
Can we have a Travel Insurance general discussion?

The pro and cons of having one. Do you get it or not bother?

Have you used it? Which ones are good, easier to claim. Any to stay away from?

Any good/horror stories?
>>
Cons? Really?

I don't give a fuck these days. I get it automatically with my credit card.
>>
i made the mistake of getting travel insurance for my car through a third party. It was a waste as the car rental company doesn't recognize it anyway and they require you to buy their insurance unless you throw down a huge down payment.
>>
>>1133873
Also ALWAYS read the fine print on any insurance before you buy it. There are often strict rules that will stop you from ever even making a claim unless certain conditions are fulfilled.
>>
I currently get a travel insurance by buying the trip with a CC with included travel insurance.

They did not think about the fact that I usually go away for 4-5 months at a time haha.

If I don't do that, I get a cheap one thru Globelink. They have decent terms.
>>
Which credit card offers included insurance?
>>
>>1133880
The cost is the obvious can -- it is very reasonably priced, but if your budget is tight because you are poor, it becomes an issue.

For me, it makes sense, given my financial situation, to carry my own risk -- insurance is a mug's game IF you can afford the hit it protects you from.

For those who cannot survive such a hit, insurance is a great option. Unless you are so maxed out on budget that you can't make it work. In which case, you will probably be fine, most times the insurance goes unused. But if you get fucked, you get RIGHTEOUSLY fucked. Know the risks.
>>
>>1133892
What country, what rental company? Never run into that, but then I seldom rent cars.
>>
>>1133911
A scandifag card that I use.
>>
>>1133911

Chase Sapphire Preferred is the most common. But I believe any card that has Visa Signature or MasterCard World Elite is eligible. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I always use CSP and never get insurance
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.