[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post where you want to visit and offer others advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: brugge night.jpg (53 KB, 640x450) Image search: [Google]
brugge night.jpg
53 KB, 640x450
Hey /trv/, looking for some advice as I'll be visiting Prague, Venice, and Brugge over the next year.

I've been to Prague twice but it was drunken holidays with friends so I didn't get to see much apart from nightclubs etc.

Would be interested in going back there to check out the museums and other interesting shit. Basically looking for some recommendations for things to do when I'm there.

Same goes for Venice and Brugge. Beers and architecture does it for me. I'll probably be travelling alone too. Any advice is appreciated.
>>
I only spent a night in Venice with some guy off the street (n-no homo - me and my friend had been planning to squat, but he let us crash on his couch in exchange for a cigarette) so I don't have any crazy insider tips. However, I'd definitely recommend doing some sightseeing fairly late at night. The city is very charming after sunset, and if you go sufficiently past most folks' bedtimes, you can see landmarks like the Piazza San Marco practically empty.

That might not seem like much, but it's an utter shitshow during the day, especially in summer. You can hardly move, let alone get a decent picture.
>>
>>1133817
I can imagine that mate now that I think about it. Will keep that in mind. Thanks.
>>
For Prague and Brugge, there's a few companies that do walking tours, they're usually slickly planned out and are useful for getting an oversight of a city and for getting some sense of direction when you walk around later. Brugge tour came out from Brussels, which is probably more worth your time as a beer fan than Brugge.

Went round Venice with an Italian, so my experience was probably different to others. All I can say is that it's a bitch to navigate and a lot of the buildings are in very shoddy repair. I saw an old woman pouring dishwater not down a drain, but into a small crack at the base of her house. Also, some of the nice waterfront restaurants will deliver a pizza if you can get an Italian on the phone, and it's a fraction of the cost.
>>
>>1133863

>Venice is a bitch to navigate

It's really not.. Especially if you buy a Water Bus pass, it's pretty easy to go where you need to go.

Oh, OP. If you haven't found a hostel yet, stay at Generator Venice. It's very very nice.
>>
>>1133874
*Bitch to navigate on foot. So maybe the water bus is worthwhile, depending on where you're going.
>>
>>1133887
The WaterBus will take you to all the islands. As long as you have a map. It's pretty easy to find your way around
>>
I was considering Czech to Austria to Hungary. I have the threads on Hungary and the Czech Republic bookmarked already so tell me about Austria. Where are the goto places to see, any off the beaten trail stuff? It'll be about three days there since I'm flying into Prague and out of Budapest so any slight out of the way place isn't a problem.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.