[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time NYC tourist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: NYC.jpg (401 KB, 2048x1393) Image search: [Google]
NYC.jpg
401 KB, 2048x1393
Dutchfag here
This is the first time going solo international. Went solo London last year, but thats only a 40 minutes flight.

Besides of the obvious NYC tourists attractions (Top of the Rock, Empire state, Intrepid Museum etc)

I'm landing on 4th of july in the afternoon, gives me time to get to the hotel and unpack. After that i will probably pick up my NYC pass and then i have time left to do whatever.
What do you recommend doing in the evening on 4th of July?

What are some good rooftopbars/real clubs to go out?
What are some good places to eat alone at the bar?
Are there any diners you recommend? You know, those like in the movies.

Do you recommend anything else?
I'm planning to take a heli-tour and probably even do the Jetski tour around Manhattan
Never done those things, might as well do it now
>>
File: 2012-05-28_10-59-52_923.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1458) Image search: [Google]
2012-05-28_10-59-52_923.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1458
>>
>>1133797
Watch the fireworks on TV. DO NOT GO DOWN TO WATCH IN PERSON! Too crowded and you will be penned in.
>>
Go to times square and try the pizza at Sbarro. Easily the best NY pizza. FUHGEDBOUTIT
>>
>>1133834
You're joking aren't you.
>>
>>1133838
Says the fag trying to get him to spend his vacation watching tv.
>>
>>1133833

Well, is there someplace i can go besides exactly at the fireworks where its crowded?
>>
>>1133878

Maybe watch them from brooklyn? Never bothered to go to the city for fireworks of all things but yeah you 100% DO NOT want to get penned into the mob of people. If you can worm your way onto some rooftop that would be ideal, but christ please believe us when we say watching it on TV is better than bring in the crowd.

They get herded like animals, and treated as such. Youre drunk and need to break the seal? LOL too bad! People have been known to wear fucking diapers to this shit (and new years, moreso newyears desu) so just imagine the fuckery youd be getting yourself into. And not the good kind of fuckery.

Also completely unrelated but go see the museum of natural history. Its fucking dope and will eat up the better part of your day - i doubt itll be crowded during 4th of july weekend either.
>>
>>1133834
honestly, it's just about as good as any floppy NY pizza
>>
Is it worth it to drive in manhatten?
>>
>>1134269
Nah, I drove my car there and it definitely wasn't worth it. Expensive ass tolls, crowded as fuck, scary if you don't have experience drivnig in a big city, no parking, etc.
>>
>>1133915
Sbarro's is one notch above Little Ceaser's and Domino's. Other food yeah but not pizza. Take a trip to John's,Totonno's,Lombardi's,Mimi's before it closes.
>>
>>1134269
Nobody drives in Manhattan because of all the traffic.
>>
>>1133834
There's literally a Sbarro in my mall's food court. In Georgia.
>>
Brooklyn Heights is a gorgeous area if you wanna head over to the promenade sometime. Great views, and Saketumi on Montague st. does great, cheap thai/jap food with $3 sake.

Just stay the fuck away for July 4th. It'll be packed
>>
>>1134416
They are everywhere. Original place in Bensonhurst.
>>
I'm leaving in 2 hours. Are there other tips you guys have?
First day is pretty simple, take the airtrain to jamaica beach, then manhattan subway.

Go near times square and pick up my nyc pass, checkin at the hotel and walk around.

What should i do tonight?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.