[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It costs twice as much for an American to fly to Europe as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 1457486360141.jpg (59 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1457486360141.jpg
59 KB, 919x720
>It costs twice as much for an American to fly to Europe as it does for a European to fly to America Your plane tickets here are literally half what I have to pay to go there. This shit isn't fair
>>
>>1133664
it's because of the Earth's rotation, something you may have learned about if you weren't a dumb American. If you're going from Europe the planes can just be suspended in the air and have the Earth rotate underneath until the plane is over America. This method obviously uses much less fuel and therefore is cheaper.
>>
>>1133664
book it on a European carrier.
I know Swiss had NYC - Zurich - NYC for 569 CHF a day ago as I booked it for a friend from the states.
>>
>>1133666
I think you may be on to something there...
>>
>>1133667
I just booked a r/t direct from Chicago to Amsterdam in October for $425 in October on Lufthansa
>>
>>1133664
>I don't understand the conversion rate between USD and Euro
>>
Europe is a complete dog shit country. Why anyone would want to fly there with all the islamist attacks, liberalism, and lack of infrastructure is beyond me.

On a side note, does anyone know why there are no good first class tickets from Boston to Vegas? All they have is the budget airlines (JetBlue/Spirit) jam packed with people like sardines and they don't offer first class on these flights.

wtf?
>>
File: 1453571014592.jpg (63 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
1453571014592.jpg
63 KB, 453x500
>>1133690
>>
File: notfair.png (86 KB, 1388x511) Image search: [Google]
notfair.png
86 KB, 1388x511
>>1133686
Even with the conversion rate we still buttfucked with prices

>>1133690
To visit my gf
>>
>>1133702

You chose BUD as your fly out airport, I'd be interested to see the same comparison using London's airport or Barcelona's airport.
>>
>>1133704
But I'll actually be flying to Budapest, that's why

I already checked Barcelona just out of curiosity. It was about 500USD
>>
>>1133707
well you're fucking something up then because a plane ticket from Barcelona to BP is not 500+ bucks, it's more like 50 actually. Of course that's for cheapo flights with airlines that don't offer transatlantic flights, so you'd have to book at two different airlines.

source: I literally live in BP and went to Barcelona last year.
>>
>>1133710
No, no, I meant a ticket from Charlotte, the nearest major airport to me to Barcelona.

For the same dates a flight from Charlotte to Barcelona is about 650UDS, while a flight to Budapest is 1000USD if I'm lucky

But flying for those places to Charlotte is cheap as hell
>>
>>1133702
>BUD
lol mate, what the hell are you going to hungary for? magyar vagy?
>>
>>1133713
I have a friend there I promised I'll be visiting.
>>
Most people who fly either from America to Europe or from Europe to America have to book a ticket back home at some point, so the costs really do even up. Stop complaining lad.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-01-20-24-04.png (253 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-01-20-24-04.png
253 KB, 1080x1920
You're just looking in the wrong places familia
>>
>>1133711
Cam Newton screams for you to stop embarrassing Charlotte.
>>
>>1133711
>Comparing one-way ticket prices.

Do you plan to go live in Budapest, or are you coming home?

It makes sense that ticket prices will vary going one way or the other due to different fuel costs, taxes, etc. being different.
>>
>>1133690
Europe is a CONTINENT you dumbfuck.
>>
>>1133933
That is for round trip

A round trip ticket costs as much as one way for an American flying there
>>
>>1133920
Where the hell are you finding these pricesprices?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-02-07-30-50.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-02-07-30-50.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>1134039

Pic relared. Skiplagged is a great resource. I found my tickets in and out of Europe this summer for under $800. I did buy 6 months in advance though.
>>
Which of the following airports generally has the cheapest flights to Europe? I live within a reasonable driving distance of Jacksonville, Atlanta, Tampa, and Orlando.
>>
>>1133666
sooo good, thank you. hahahahhahaha
>>
>>1133664

Just went on American Airlines site, since they have a hub in Charlotte, and looked at prices for a ticket from here to Barcelona and back, or from Barcelona to here and back. Just picket some dates about a mointh and a half out, just to see what the comparison was depending on whether you go starting on this end or on the European end. Starting in Europe was about $300 more.
>>
That's because you want us to visit you, but not vice versa

Yet despite this obvious difference in ticket prices you still can't seem to take the hint
>>
>>1133664
The European flight industry is also just a lot more competitive, which brings prices down. On the other hand, price surging bullshit happens a lot here, I think. I booked tickets just today and over 45 minutes of price comparing, the price was always jacking up by 50-100€. Reset the cookies and its back to normal, but by the time you go to check out, they're doing it again. Complete fucking horse shit. All the budget airlines are full of bait and switch tactics which are also irritating.

Meanwhile, the USA is dominated by generally shit-tier airlines that don't even have to try to advertise or compete with each other all that much. Canada is even worse.
>>
>>1134518
Probably Atlanta.
>>
>>1134518
MAYBE orlando, timed correctly?

but prolly hartsfeld
>>
>>1133664
You do realize that both Europeans and Americans have to pay for a flight back, right?
>>
>>1133666
>Europoors use spacecraft to take advantage of earth's orbit to travel to the Americas
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.