[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inspired by another thread I just saw, I've decided to ask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: My planned route.png (818 KB, 1100x577) Image search: [Google]
My planned route.png
818 KB, 1100x577
Inspired by another thread I just saw, I've decided to ask people to rate my planned route.
It's meant to be a 1-month trip and I plan on using mostly trains to move between countries.
I'm also planning to spend most of my time touring around cities, using buses / bicycles.
I'll try to couchsurf my way through the trip, hopefully meeting lots of friends and creating lifelong memories in the process.
Would not object (it is actually pretty cool) if I could visit some villages / nature reserves along my travels.

Would also love other tips as this is my first long trip abroad (and my first trip that's over a week long).
>>
>>1133600
You're passing Ghent. Check it out. It's more than worth it. Not as touristy as Bruges, but bigger and more authentic.
>>
>>1133600
German here.
Don't take the Autobahn if you want to see small villages and medium cities. On the bigger roads you can still go 100km/h
You only want to see Berlin and Cologne? I would prefer very much Hamburg over Cologne. The "feeling" of Hamburg is great imho.
>>
>>1133610
I'll try seeing if i can fit it in!
thank you.

>>1133640
I'm planning to take a train through germany, i'm choosing hamburg over cologne because:
a. it is highly recommended by some friends
b. i have friends i can meet there
c. it's much more "on the way" compared to hamburg
thank you for your thoughts though.
>>
>>1133600
seems ok but ur missing out on Bavaria
I guess you'd have to radically alter the route but Bavaria is quite different from other locations on that list, while Prague and BP (and even Vienna to some extent) are quite similar

then again if you don't really care about the small towns and countryside scenery and shit, I do personally prefer all three of those cities to Munich so your call I guess.

also I was born and raised in BP, maybe it's different if you've never been around here
>>
>>1133660
my original plan was to go from prague to munich, then salzburg, then vienna, then budapest.

unfortunately, given that i have a 1-month limit and seeing as i didn't want to have 2 nights at each stop (that is, i want to have at least 3), i had to put that on hold.

it's quite possible that next year i'll go on a skiing trip on the austrian alps / make a trip that is a bit more in depth in the area of salzburg/munich.
>>
>>1133600
Consider checking out Rotterdam, Delft and Utrecht as well when you are in the Netherlands. Great for daytrips.
>>
>>1133600
In Czech republic you plan only to stop in Prague?
>>
>>1133824
4 nights

>>1133787
thank you for the recommendations!
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.