[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP PLS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
URGENT ADVICE NEEDED
I'm flying in 8hrs and I just realised that I might have fucked up:
I'm using a trekking bag as my check-in luggage.
It has loads of random straps. Like, fuckloads.
I'm realised now that these straps can get caught in the conveyor belts and get the bag torn apart...
WHAT DO I DO???

pic related, a bag with lots of straps (though not as many as mine)
>>
Seram Wrap around it.
>>
Maybe attach those straps to the main body of the bag with tape?
>>
Put it in a garbag bag or something you twat. How the fuck do you idiots manage to keep yourselves alive when you're away from home.
>>
>>1133246
>>1133254
OP here, i will do one of these two
double-bag it in a large garbage sack maybe.... will look weird, but it'll work
i hope
>>
OMG nobody has ever travelled with bags like these and kept their belongings! What have you done!?!?!?!
>>
just tighten all the straps and wrap it in plastic wrap. sometimes there are stations at the airport where you can get them plastic wrapped.

It's a good idea to do all the time to keep your stuff safer.
>>
I always put the raincover on the backpack before checking it in. Also flip the carriers on the front side and tie them together.
>>
>>1133242
You should have gotten the Turtle backpack, it's a big backpacker pack with a special compartment you can fold all the straps into and zip it up.
>>
>>1133242
Sometimes I just check it in. Sometimes they give me a plastic bag and tell me it needs to be checked in as "special luggage" or something.
You'll probably figure it out at the airport.
Alternately you can just wrap it preemptively.
>>
File: mutant-kid-ninja-turtle.png (95 KB, 240x300) Image search: [Google]
mutant-kid-ninja-turtle.png
95 KB, 240x300
>>1133643
>Turtle backpack
>>
>>1133242
a good bag will have a zip-on cover to protect the strps

my bag is 40 ears old nd it has lit 3 straps, and evin it has a zip cover

glad wrap is your friend, just spend 4 bucks on a few rolls and go nuts
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.