[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long distance move checklist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: routefull.png (311 KB, 936x477) Image search: [Google]
routefull.png
311 KB, 936x477
Hey /trv/, I'm moving from Detroit MI to Tempe AZ in a little over a week. I'm 25, 10 boxes and a bike packed and ready. I already have a place to stay, job lined up etc. I'm just concerned about the long drive alone. Has anybody else made this type of long distance relocation? Did anything go wrong or what would you have changed?
>>
Long drives are fun. Bring good music, snacks and just cruise.

Pull over and nap if you feel you need to. Drink coffee. There's not much more too it then that.
>>
Pretty much what that guy said. If you're not tight on schedule, then check out some places. But get plenty of rest, and if tired, always pull over. Podcasts are great too.
>>
>>1133208
Get your car serviced before the big drive.

Get a large thermos and fill it with coffee every morning.

Try to hit the big cities in the late evening and get a hotel on the outskirts

Don't be afraid to detour for a day if you want to see something on the way.

t. moved from Nova Scotia to Texas
>>
>>1133257
OP here, that's a long fucking haul How do you deal with the mid-southwest plains? I can't get over how flat it all is The occasional ghost town looks interesting but it doesn't do much for my gas tank or my attention span
>>
>>1133208
Looks really fun OP, if I was nearby I'd join you if you want company.
>>
>>1133208
I moved from Oregon all the way back to Florida once. I stopped and checked out a bunch of cities I'd never been to; just parked and walked around. Stopped in Salt Lake City, Denver, Nashville, etc. Met some cool people, just small everyday occurrences that somehow felt warming. Just something about being on the open road. Relax and enjoy yourself, don't be shy to stop and smell the roses every once and while, oh, and download some audiobooks too, great for traveling.
>>
>>1133427
I listened to a lot of house music and podcasts honestly.
>>
>that drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exXSMhktWmo
>>
BUT I STILL DROVE 30 HOURS
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.