[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hiking in Gorges du Verdon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 259247228_orig.jpg (258 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
259247228_orig.jpg
258 KB, 1024x768
A friend and I are planning to go to southern France this summer and we are going to go do some hiking in Gorges du Verdon - any one here have experiences in the area? Do you by any chance have recommendations on where to start/end, we are flying to Nice. The aim is to do a 4-5 day hike.
>>
>>1133073
I never hiked there so I can't give you advice, but it's pretty crowded in summer.
I actually don't know if you can just go hiking into the wild there, French national parks tends to be restrictive.
>>
>>1133101
There are trails, like everywhere else in the world. Whether you follow them or not is up to you
>>
>>1133101
>>1133124

And anyway the Verdon gorges aren't a national park
>>
>>1133073
French guy from the south here (nearby Avignon). The place will be nice, with some people during the day. You will find trails. Maybe buy an IGN map, so you now where you are. Check carefully if the places you are going to will allow you to put up a tent, fines for illegal camping are high. Bring something to repel mosquitoes.
Apart from that, enjoy our sun!
>>
>>1133134

We are planning to walk along the GR4 to get there and then go through in a day or so. I have read online that there are municipal spots where you are allowed to pop a tent for a minor fee, do you know anything about that?

thanks!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.