[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Terminals General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 16
Can we get an airport terminals general?

>post a shot of a terminal / waiting area you were in recently
>what did you like about the airport / what didn't you like
>post humorous stories that may or may have not happened
>>
>>1132508
I don't have a photo of it but I was in JFK airport recently and I just have to say it wasn't a pleasurable experience. It was cramped, hot and uncomfortable. The decor was outdated and people seemed unfriendly and irritable when waiting there. I'm from Indianapolis so I guess I have the privilege of having a decent airport to fly out of and maybe that impacted my opinion a bit but seriously JFK needs some work.
>>
Has anyone ever been to Eindhoven Airport? I am supposed to get through customs and through the gate in about twenty minutes, is this do-able? I know that it's a small airport but want to make sure.
>>
File: IMAG3023.jpg (232 KB, 2048x1216) Image search: [Google]
IMAG3023.jpg
232 KB, 2048x1216
ibiza, was pretty empty for june, i loved it.
>>
Don't have a photo of it but a few months ago I had to do a layover in Zurich and found the airport really impressive. I went from the arrivals gate to my departure gate in five minutes.
>>
>>1132541
It'll be cutting it very close. Plus, it's a small airport so their control area is also small. If lots of people want to check in at the same time, you could be stuck there for relatively little time, but still miss your flight.
>>
Some quick opinions:

- Berlin-Tegel
Ugly and no proper food in the waiting area.

- Frankfurt
Pretty nice, they even had an area with some Xbones that you could play on next to my gate.

- Copenhagen
Don't remember much, but the food there was ridiculously expensive even for airport standards.

- Miami
This was some years ago, but I had to wait several hours in the immigration area and like 1 hour in front of the security when I left again. Also confusing layout.
>>
10 hour overnight layover in London Stansted coming up. What to do? Is it a shithole?
>>
>>1132541
>20 minutes

I seriously hope that's been sold to you as the same ticket. If you booked them separately, you dun goofed.
>>
>>1132564
Ibiza was comfy at tbqh famalama
>>
next month ill be flying for the first time
and my biggest fear is that i get lost on a terminal
any advices?
>>
Was in Brussels about a month and a half ago. It was mostly empty so outlets were easy to come by. Also they have a water bottle station where you can pay a euro on the honor system which let me have a sandwich and a drink for my last seven euros.
Was pretty ugly getting in though, lots of walking outside through security checkpoints.
>>
Krakow.

Just flew back this morning via Munich. Was really small and tight, I was there for about 3 hours and got really uncomfortable. At least the check in queue for my flight was nonexistent, there was a queue for another flight that was over 3x the length of the barriers and didn't move the entire time I was there. Plus there was only one shop which didn't have the vodka I wanted, was disappointing.
>>
>>1132839
>>1132861
I also forgot to mention I'm only taking a small backpack. I'll be at the airport at about 8:15 and the gate closes at 8:35, never really had any issues with cutting it this close, so want to ask if gate closures are really that strict? I mean, if I were to get there at about 8:36 or 8:37 would it really be too late, speaking generally for airports?
>>
>>1132876
Don't connect in Frankfurt
>>
File: yvr.jpg (115 KB, 640x447) Image search: [Google]
yvr.jpg
115 KB, 640x447
Local prejudice perhaps, but I love Vancouver Airport.
>>
File: IMG_20160111_140302.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160111_140302.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
YYZ pre-sec
>>
File: IMG_20160111_181748.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160111_181748.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
>>1132989
post-sec
>>
Fucking Fumicino.

I was still high on Lorazapam(used for slee during flight) , and trying to navigate that place and find the taxi was living hell. It looks like a giant fucking brick pizza oven inside. They need to update it.

On my way back home, sober, it was still confusing as fuck.
>>
I'm flying into Ho Chi Minh in a couple weeks (Korean Air), then taking a separate flight to Seoul (vietjet) 5 hours later. Reason being, a round trip out of hcmc is cheaper than a single oneway. A lot of hassle, but I'm saving about $700. So three questions for you /trv/

1, is hcmc airport as bad as I've been told. It ends up on a few "worst airport lists"

2, the more important question is, does anyone know if I have to leave customs and thus get a single entry visa just to grab my bag and check into my next flight. I'm getting a 3 month multi entry for when I enter again later in the trip, but not sure if I need an extra single entry just for making that connection on separate tickets.

3, last question. For Vietnam visas have you all used the option where you get a letter from an agency and got your visa at the airport, or did you go to a consulate before arriving. I read that if you get one of those letters you have to enter within 30 days or the letter is garbage.

Thanks.

>As for airports, can vouch that both jfk and Lga are shit.
>Seattle has a pretty good airport, but having trouble keeping up with traffic demand.
>Milwaukee has both a great airport and train station too for that matter for a relatively small city.
>>
>>1132508
Charlotte NC has the comfiest airport ever tbqh

>those wicker chairs
>>
File: IMG_7098-big.jpg (1 MB, 4272x2848) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7098-big.jpg
1 MB, 4272x2848
oh I have a great story

so my flight back home from atlanta was cancelled so I had a 12 hour layover

I was super bored and tired so I bought a one day pass to this super nice first class lounge

was literally so fucking comfy, super quiet and no fat annoying people, unlimited free food and free alcohol and had a great view of the runway

there were even showers and beds you could use

met a ton of cool people from all over the world

definitely going to go another sky lounge next time I fly, totally worth the $60
>>
File: 2013-07-22-17.32.41.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
2013-07-22-17.32.41.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>1133019
>>
File: 1445026057653.jpg (49 KB, 600x718) Image search: [Google]
1445026057653.jpg
49 KB, 600x718
>it's a you're up for 30 hours and have a 6 hour layover in a chinese province airport before boarding a 11 hour trip to europe and they don't have a fucking shower or even decent restrooms episode

Fuck you Xiamen
>>
>>1132564
Couldn't you have stopped to take a picture instead of jogging?
>>
>>1132876
Just ask someone, like a cleaner. I do it all the time.
>>
Munich airport: very appreciated free coffee and newspapers after landing.
Tokyo Haneda: very fucking clean, god tier duty-free shops.
dtw europe airports
>>
>>1133058
dfw*
>>
File: 20160624_203102.jpg (903 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160624_203102.jpg
903 KB, 3264x1836
Bought these at the duty free to share with friends in London. Terminal 1 in Sofia is alright. Small. Usually processes things fast and hassle-free. You can't get lost. Basic necessities such as toilets and outlets are there, not much to it. Terminal 2 is the newer one and serving intercontinental flights.
>>
Fuck Manila airport is garbage. I had an international flight then had to head to the domestic terminal. That shit took 30 minutes and brought me through near slums.
>>
File: SJO.jpg (49 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
SJO.jpg
49 KB, 960x720
These are the airports I've been to this year. I'm missing IGI and a handful of others, but I don't typically prioritize pictures of terminals.

Not the terminal, but here's outside of SJO (San Jose / Costa Rica).

>what do you like

The atmosphere and knowing that I'll be home or somewhere interesting very soon.

SJO had a good atmosphere but a lot of stupid rules and awful security. I think they had two lanes open.
>>
File: DTW.jpg (56 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
DTW.jpg
56 KB, 720x960
>>1133088

Detroit Metro Airport (DTW).

Actually a really fucking nice airport. Pic related is from the North Terminal, which is pretty average, but the McNamara Terminal (Delta-KLM-Air France) is great. I live in Michigan so I fly out of DTW a lot. Security is usually a breeze, too, but the baggage check in the North Terminal is a bit ghetto.
>>
File: AMS.jpg (66 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
AMS.jpg
66 KB, 960x720
>>1133089

AMS.

Pretty sure everyone on /trv/ has been through AMS at least once.
>>
File: CAL.jpg (29 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
CAL.jpg
29 KB, 720x960
>>1133090

Kolkata, can't remember the airport code. Wasn't an awful place but it was a little crowded and security was a nightmare. People kept arguing with officials about having to take their belts off. Typical India.
>>
File: BKK.jpg (84 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
BKK.jpg
84 KB, 720x960
>>1133091

BKK. Didn't spend much time inside, as I'd just hopped over to Thailand on a spontaneous side-trip from India. Wasn't too blown away by BKK.
>>
File: ORD.jpg (65 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
ORD.jpg
65 KB, 720x960
>>1133093

Last one is ORD (Chicago O'Hare). I've only flown out of here once. Wasn't impressed but neither was I let down.

Don't have any pics of New Delhi (IGI) but it's consistently one of my favorite airports that I regularly fly into or out of. The only bad experience I've had was the last time I was flying out, in that security and customs was an absolute shit-show - usually it's a total breeze. I hope this isn't going to be a new trend.
>>
nice photos lad, post more! share experiences!
>>
Here's my thought on some of the airports I've been to recently

>Toulouse
Efficient, aesthetic design. In and out very quickly but wouldn't have minded staying longer. Location isn't anything special. 7/10

>Manchester
Customs staff are hit and miss, you could get stuck in a queue for an hour and get a stone faced prick or get through in 5 mins. Overall very bland but security controls etc are efficient. 6/10

>Istanbul
Good view when landing. Huge airport so always something to do. Great selection of food and shopping. Too many people and movement can be slow. 7/10

>Washington
Seems far too big and the floor layout makes you walk much more than should be necessary. Too many Americans. There was like 3 electrical outlets per 100 people. 5/10

>Dalaman
May be slightly unfair to compare this with the others as it's a small airport for a holiday town but it's very cosy and the views when landing/taking off are amazing. Small size means you're in and out very quickly. 9/10

>Heathrow
Huge airport but for some reason everything closes after midnight. Had a 8 hour layover with absolute fuck all to do. Staff didn't seem to want to help. 4/10

There's loads more I've been to recently but can't be bothered to do more for now.
>>
>>1133094
>ORD (Chicago O'Hare). I've only flown out of here once. Wasn't impressed but neither was I let down.

It has a fucking dinosaur, man. What does it take to impress you?
>>
Most airports look the same to me. I've passed through at least 30 different airports in my life but there is nothing distinctive about them to make them stand out in my mind so they blend together in my memories.
>>
>>1133277 dubs check 'em

no shots, but the amsterdam airport is arright, barring the white rastas

> tho i was sobering up from friends hot boxing me the night before in their tiny kitchen in kortrijk, so i cant judge
>>1133217
>Too many Americans
dont cut yourself
>>
opinions on rotterdam or eindhoven? almost flew them recently and might make them my primaries for cheap flights or occasional alternates to brussels and amsterdam

portland airport was really, hate to use this word, but chill for just idly waiting for a flight home at the end of a week's vacation recently. cool watching a C17 land

>>1133016
meh, used to fly Charlotte constantly (I split my time between 2 minuscule cities) and it didn't knock my socks off
>>1133090
if rotterdam and eindhoven don't work out, yeah ... i cannot honestly bitch about AMS. that is a srsly nice airport. pleasant recent memory, flying out, nibbling on leberwurst and raspberries from that well stocked grocery store
>>
>>1133048
6 hours is plenty of time for you to put an alarm on your cellphone and have a decent nap you retarded cunt.
Or even just rest for an hour or two then wander around and go to sleep later on the plane.
Fuck you.
>>
>>1133271

I don't know, m8. I can hardly even remember flying out or taking the train to O'Hare. I don't think I had much time to explore the terminal.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.