[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you guys deal with the cold when traveling? I suffer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
how do you guys deal with the cold when traveling?

I suffer acutely in the cold, and I'm not sure if it's that I have the wrong gear, or I just wander around in the cold like a fool

also struggle with the weight of carrying coats/shoes/ice shovels etc

I'm set for china, but I'm going to be in the south and southwest
>>
>>1132253
wear a coat.
>>
>>1132268
Wear many coats
>>
engage your core
control your breath
>>
>>1132268
>>1132270
but wind seems to cut through my coats, I'm not sure how to layer properly

and no number of sock seems to keep my feed dry and warm
>>
>>1132296
learn2layer

First layer should be a fabric that keeps you warm and dry. Wool is the most common natural fabric used for this.
Next you start stacking layers of warmer clothing with the last layer being a wind proof layer for obvious reasons. If you need a coat for /fa/shion reasons, use it over a wind proof jacket.
>>
>>1132253
I'm a sub-tropical climate where temperatures beyond 100°F are common. As such, I'm very sensitive to temperatures below 80°F. That's cold as shit to me.

And so, I've been taking ice baths to train my mentality as well as my body. Since I do hard workouts, it actually feels reallyyyyyy good and expedites my post-work out recovery.

Just my $0.02
>>
>>1132253
I'm Canadian therefore immune to cold.
>>
>>1132253
Macau here
Wear lots of clothes, we don't have indoor heating
Also
>set for southern China
>ice shovel
>fucking do your research man
>>
>>1132296
how did retrds like you not freeze to death in the past? if youre cold wear a heavier coat. or TWO coats. or fucking skin a buffalo and wear his skin. or fucks sake man
>>
>how do you guys deal with the cold when traveling?

either

a) not travel during the cold months

or

b) travel to warm places
>>
Usually I get pretty mad when people start threads here without doing any kind of research but this is next level shit.
>>
>>1132253
How do you deal with cold when not raveling? Do that.

Also, travel to places where it is not cod at the time, that's always an option...
>>
>>1133136
>80ºF
>sub-tropical climate
are you from a celsius country trying to use farenheit on the internet, because its a japanese chan ?

dude, no one uses farenheit, youre obviously fucking up the math, because 80F = 26C
thats "room temperature" used in kids physics exams

air conditioners dont even have an option for more than 22ºC
>>
>>1132253
>>also struggle with the weight of carrying coats/shoes/ice shovels etc
>ice shovels
where the fuck are you visiting where you need carry a ice shovel? Know thye self, don't go to places you will hate/are completely untrained for.
>>1132268
/thread
>>1132296
get a better coat. winter coats are rated for different temps and conditions btw
>>
>>1133369
>air conditioners dont even have an option for more than 22ºC
I was just in japan and yes they do.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.