[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for advice for traveling to visit the Netherlands!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 2001spaceodyssey128.jpg (61 KB, 854x403) Image search: [Google]
2001spaceodyssey128.jpg
61 KB, 854x403
Looking for advice for traveling to visit the Netherlands!

I want to begin planning a trip to the Netherlands (perhaps elsewhere in Europe too). The purpose of the trip will be to attend the Enter the Rabbit Hole music festival in 2017 for my 20th birthday. No clue how to go about this though and looking for some advice on how I can save money, mostly on transportation and food.

I will be coming from Dallas, TX and flight booking data isn't available that far in advance but I anticipate spending anywhere between $600-800 round trip.

The festival is located in Beuningen, near Nijmegen so I'm hoping to find an airport closer to there than Amsterdam, so I can save time getting to the festival. I'm assuming public transport from anywhere in the country will be a flat rate.

So the real questions are:

If the festival takes place on the 24th-26th, are those the dates I should try to fly on or do I want to arrive earlier and leave later?

Is it gonna make much (if any) difference in the price of the flight if I go to Amsterdam's airport or another in the country?

Once I arrive, I'll need to get food for the festival so I can stay at my campsite.
I'm thinking I should just stop by a grocery store once I arrive. Is that an appropriate way to handle that?

I also have no clue how to handle currency. Should I go straight for converting my cash, or will USD be accepted?

Any help or advice would be appreciated, or anything else I should know about traveling on my own. Thank you!

pic unrelated
>>
>>1132231
oops, got some dates wrong. Campsites open up and guests can start arriving on the 23rd, so I assume I will want to arrive on that day and then leave the coming monday or tuesday (26th or 27th).

I'm unsure when I should book my flights, since I want to arrive at a time that would grant me the ability to just sleep at the campsite and not have to get a separate hotel room or anything.
>>
>>1132232
Another damn mistake. We can arrive on THURSDAY the 22nd, not the 23rd. Not that it matters that much.

Anything else in the country I should look for or try to do while I'm there?
>>
You didn't even specify the month
>>
>>1132780
Also wtf why would they accept USD in euroland
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.