[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips for travelling in Rome?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Hey guys,

I am planning to goto rome alone for a week in july, by myself. I need some advice on what to do as a solo traveller specifically, would it be best for a hotel or a hostel? if so how would I meet likeminded travellers to party/see stuff. What hsotels are reccomended?

What would you reccomend me to see in the city?

I would also love to goto the beach one day and just sunbathe, is there a good beach there to goto? (i dont mind travelling a little bit).

I am a 24yo male, from the UK if that helps.
>>
>>1132159
Visit the Vatican. Book a timed ticket online beforehand so you won't have to queue in line.
>>
Get a romapass for travel
>>
OP,

I recently did this, except for 3 days instead of 7. Also from the UK (23)

I'd recommend 'the yellow' as a hostel to stay at. Lot's of young people looking to have a good time and make friends. Solid facilities and very affordable.

Your itenary should look to include these:
Colosseum
The Forum
Vatican
Catacombs
Day trip to Pompeii

Not sure re:Beaches
>>
>>1132371
itinerary*
>>
>>1132371
>Pompeii

do ostia instead.
>>
>>1132175
vatican is boring and crowded not worth imo
>>
>>1132406
Dude what. It's great just as an art museum. And if you're lucky you might see the Pope on a Sunday giving a sermon (not in the museum but the main square.)
>>
>>1132373
>ostia
This. Visit the Basilica San Clemente too since it's not only very interesting, has only a small number of visitors, it's also walking distance from the Colosseum
>>
>>1132371
Thanks!

How do I plan the trip to pompeii?

>>1132373
Any plan tips? train? how?

>>1132406
I think i would like to see it still
>>
>>1132481
get a train to naples

from there, take the circumvesuviana train to pompeii scavi
>>
>>1132689
thanks
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.