[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travelling to Prague - Tips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: czechmedicalmarijuana.jpg (47 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
czechmedicalmarijuana.jpg
47 KB, 300x300
My friend and I have both been to Prague separately in our lives, and we both decided to drop by again, but together this time.

The reason? We want to get stoned as balls again, meet cool peeps again and have a blast. But, the problem is, checking the hotels for this summer (mid August), all of them seem expensive as SHIT. We won't really be that financially empowered, but we expect to put away around 100 to 120 euro both (so 200 - 240 in total) for accommodation with food, if possible. Tho we haven't even decided yet if we're gonna go via bus or train or whatever. We've heard about Couchsurfing and such but that doesn't seem that much reliable to us, I 'unno.

Got any tips that we should know or sites for booking that we should visit? Or maybe ring someone up for dope shit? All help is more than welcome!
>>
>>1132076
Go to a hostel, bruh. In Holešovice (literally on top of the C line), you can find a hostel with a bed for 200CZK (7€) a night. It is close enough to the centre so that you just get on a tram and go get some weed.

Sources? I'm Czech and I'm in Prague tomorrow for uni.
>>
>>1132076
P.S.: I'll look around and if I find some Czech sites, I can translate/link them here.

How much do you want to spend a night? Also, how long are you planning to stay?
>>
>>1132173
Shit, thanks man! Linking should be enough, we'll have google translate help us along the way, no need for you to stress yourself xp

We haven't really decided on a definite amount of money or time how much we'll stay, but we're thinking a week is gonna be more than enough, something between the 8th of aug through to the 14th. I'm supposed to start working soon, and I'm planning to waste at least half of my first pay on this (as the old Serbian saying goes, the first batch always goes down the river), and I think that'll be around 300e or so in total. My friend is gonna rely on the power of his mother's wallet and good will, but I'm pretty sure that he won't go without at least 200e totes, including travel and shit.

(btw, we're from Serbia, in case I haven't said so, and I have heard myths that there are international trains to the Czech republic from here, but probably with a change of train. Do you have a train that goes from/to Budapest? Since that seems the most logical place to switch rides, and I have no idea how to create that query on your train time table websites xd )

Speaking of hostels, my friend is a wee bit paranoid about them, mostly because they go for the 10 bunk bed in one room kind of thing to keep the prices down, and he doesn't want us ending up in a room who's gonna mind us getting high before going back to bed. xd

Speaking of which, I do remember being fully relaxed w/o any need for paranoia of the authorities when I was smoking a spliff (or well, that's what the dealer guy told me to do, anyways), but is the law for smoking/possessing any different from a country that has it illegal, or is the law a bit more loose? I was always confused about that, and I'd like to be sure.

Thanks a bunch for your help, man! Hope you do amazing things at uni today. 8D
>>
File: Messages Image(878340023).png (219 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
Messages Image(878340023).png
219 KB, 442x341
>>1132076
>stay at a hostel, preferably away from the city center, somewhere in Zizkov
>the currency is much weaker than USD, so when I went, I was able to eat, drink, and chief on a dime
>eat at the pubs
>prepare for all the hills
>go to some of the parks they have around there
>check out the babes, eastern european girls are fire
>eat at the pubs, seriously, do it
>drink beer, they have some of the best beer in the world
>the city center sucks, too many tourists, the only thing worth checking out there is the Kafka stuff
>>
>>1132076
420 BLAZE dat shit
>>
>>1133350
>zizkov
my negro.

Stayed at Hostel One and it was amazing. check out cafe pavlac and the beer garden in the park on top of the hill as well.
>>
>>1132313
I traveled from Belgrade to Prague by train last summer. Only anecdotal information, but I had to stop by Budapest and change trains.
>>
>>1132313
Also, I believe weed is decriminalized. In practice that means that if cops catch you smoking or with amounts corresponding to personal consumption, they will not give a shit/tell you to smoke up somewhere else/worst case: take your weed away.
>>
Not op but how are the pub crawls like in prague? Which one is the best?
>>
Not op, but can you name a few good cheap places to eat? Thanks
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.