[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apart from weed and hookers what else can you find in Amsterdam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 1280x700
Apart from weed and hookers what else can you find in Amsterdam?
>>
mushrooms and ectsasy
>>
>>1131809
Nothing
most overrated city in the world.
>>
What else do you need?
>>
>>1131814
Really? Do they sell it as well?
>>
>>1131844
Yes, they sell mushrooms. And herbal XTC, actual XTC is forbidden de jure.
>>
>>1131809
Hookers in Amsterdam are a tourist trap.
>>
>>1131862
so is weed
so is the whole amsterdam
>>
>>1131862
>>1131881
What you mean? They are just hookers an weed.
>>
>>1131844
Yeah they do sell mushrooms, "truffles" in that case. Not in coffeeshops but in other shops easy to spot across the city
They are quite efficient, I took a box myself when I was there with friends and flew a long way (but I don't take shrooms often, I guess if you are used to them it won't be a big deal)
>>
>>1131809
Culture, you retarded bitch, look up the archives for older threads
>>
>literally one of most beautiful historic city centers in the world, in amazing and original condition
>rich and interesting history, dating back from the 16th century with the Dutch Golden Age, VOC, WIC, formation of the Dutch Republic, painters, architects, trade, all which still can be seen everywhere while walking around and in the many museums
>some of the world's best art museums with the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh museum, Amsterdam Museum, Hermitage and Stedelijk Museum
>besides art, also other great museums like the EYE film museum, Anne Frank House and Scheepvaartmuseum
>great nightlife scene, with some of the best techno, minimal, (deep) house parties and festivals out there
>besides the historic city center, there's also lots of nice contemporary architecture and art to be found
>great theaters/concert halls with the Concertgebouw, Stadsschouwburg, De La Mar, Carré, etc.
>great zoo (Artis), botanic garden (Hortus Botanicus), historic movie theater (Pathé Tuschinski)
>great parks and spots to chill everywhere
>great shopping facilities (9 straatjes, Kalverstraat, Magna Plaza)
>great markets (Albert Cuypmarkt, Dappermarkt, Boekenmarkt Spui)

Yet, retards on /int/ think Amsterdam is just weed and hookers.

Thank fuck the hotel prices are skyrocketing so you fucks won't come anymore
>>
Nothing.. Modt shitty city in Holland
>>
>>1132162
t. Rotterdammer
>>
>>1132146
Culture. Amsterdam has like 2 museums that are worthwile, that's it. Other big cities around the world have dozens.

What other culture? Drinking shit beer?
>>
>>1132151
>tfw will never live in a comfy herenhuis
>>
>>1132187
I know you're just trolling, but there are quite a bit more than just 2 museums that are worthwhile. The city center in itself is a huge museum.
>>
>>1131862

> she is suppose to love me...
>>
>>1131809

Given the entire country can be crossed length & breadth in a few hours I'd recommend getting out of the Dam and checking out some other cities. Holland is a very pretty country, moreso once you head east from the conurbation that is the Randstad. The countryside is quite lovely and small towns very picturesque.
>>
File: 18392839791.jpg (24 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
18392839791.jpg
24 KB, 320x180
A waterboarding Casey Neistat
>>
>>1132151
You can stay in a 4 star hotel in much of Europe for the price of an Amsterdam hostel, nobody with sense would pay that.
>>
>>1132415
Yet tourism is growing by at least 5% every year, up to the point where the municipality is scared that Amsterdam might become the next Venice

I guess the best would be to just ban the sale of weed/shrooms to tourists so at least that group stays home
>>
>>1132421
the whole seedy weed/red light district thing turns off tourism from decent people imo, get rid of them and tourism won't go down
>>
Can anyone recommend good nightlife/clubs in either Amsterdam/Rotterdam?
>>
>>1132448
De school
>>
>>1131809
Nothing that you can't see on a day trip from The Hague or Delft
>>
>>1132496
What is there to do in The Hague? Will be there for a few days soon so wondering.
>>
>>1132412
This, the entire country of the Netherlands is barely larger than big American city metro areas.
>>
>>1132542
Honestly, it's been a really long time, but I really enjoyed, the Escher museum, the torture museum, and a Chinese restraunt I think called Long Ting
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.