[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Galapagos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Smoqslr[1].jpg (146 KB, 506x714) Image search: [Google]
Smoqslr[1].jpg
146 KB, 506x714
I'm planning a visit to the Galapagos, for diving and hiking.

Should I take a cruise around? Can I just take a boat from island to island? how are the tourists? guesthouses?

any general advice?
>>
>>1131490
Did a 14 passenger cruise around, that was a damn good way to get around and see as much as possible. But you might find it to restrictive and scheduled for your tastes, I don't know.

If you stay in either f the towns there were guest houses and such, and there seemed to be boats doing day trips to dive spots, which would seem to be legal, and to some of the islands in the park which might not be (access to the park, most of the islands, is pretty strictly regulated.) Not sure what you mean by "how are the tourists?" There did not seem to be many around, but that may have been the time of year. They were not obnoxious.

Not a diver, snorkled around some spots and it was fun -- not Red Sea Coral Reef colorful,by any means. Check out the sharks in the cut at Kicker Rock for sure.

Hiking in the park is strictly "stay with the group, stay on the path" other than on some beaches, legally.

Was one of the neatest places I've ever seen, would go back.
>>
>>1131745
cheers
So if I understand correctly, the usual thing is to get to Santa Cruz, then find a diving tour?
>>
>>1131764
I don't know if it's the usual thing; as I said, that's not what I did. But my sense was, that is a possible thing. Also, at least some of the cruise boats are set up to support diving.
>>
>>1131911
To clarify, I as not there on a "get to the Islands then look for a boat" trip. Was there on a cruise boat with extended family -- Dad's bucket list MVP was to see the Galapagos, and he took us along. Worked great for us, though some folks would find the cruise structure cloying -- still, it is AFAIK the only real way to legally get to see most of the park.
>>
>>1131912
One more thought occurs -- the boats take people for some period of time that could be anywhere from a few days to a week or more, they just try to stay full from port to port. I do not know for a fact, but I would bet strongly that, if a captain has an open room, he'll try and fill it, even if just for a few days. How you contact them to make arrangements I do not know, presumably some "tourist helper" down there would know.
>>
What is the cheapest one could do the Galapagos, for say a week?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.