[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spending next week in Georgia. What should I know? What shouldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: images.png (2 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2 KB, 275x183
Spending next week in Georgia.
What should I know?
What shouldn't I do as Yuropean? Any interesting facts?
>>
>>1131288
I mean, these questions.. what do you expect here? What should you know? About what? I don't know. Why don't people put a minimum amount of effort into creating these threads?

As to:
>What shouldn't I do as a European
They don't like Russians a lot there. Then again, they're keeping the Gori museum open because it draws loads of tourists.
>>
>>1131288
Enjoy the lubio and kachapuri. I'm jealous, wanted to go to Georgia for a while.
>>
>>1131288
When you're drinking at a table with Georgians, cause it's gonna happen, don't drink your wine or cha cha before the tamada( toast maker) finishes his toast, or else you'll be punished by having to take another. Beer is totally cool to sip whenever. And when the time comes to make a toast, don't make a little shitty one like, "to tmy poor mates who have to work today while I'm getting pissed!", it must come from the heart.

Good luck, hope you have a strong tolerance.

Nest hostel in tbilisi is cool, and so is the restaraunt racha in the same neighborhood. Georgian food at georgian prices. No english, so point to things and have fun OP.

Ooo, try a plum sauce chiken there, it's devine.
>>
File: 4ltofwineandchickenforlunch.jpg (75 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
4ltofwineandchickenforlunch.jpg
75 KB, 960x720
>>1131357
By there i meant in georgia, not sure if Racha does plum sauce chicken.
>>
File: goergianhospitality.jpg (101 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
goergianhospitality.jpg
101 KB, 960x720
>>1131288
I'd avoid batumi as it's filled with overweight turks and russians. You can already see by >>1131299 that they're not the type of people you want to be around.

I suggest seeing some more remote, mountainous areas where you will get an authentic experience and maybe even invited to someone's home. Maybe ask your hostel to see what areas they reccomend.
>>
>>1131357
>or else you'll be punished by having to take another.
if you are sharing a bottle, how is this a punishment?
>>
>>1132123
The fun doesn't stop at one bottle..
>>
>>1132123
Look at >>1131364, that bottle of chacha on the left could make at least two people black out lol
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.