[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most remote location you've been to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: asdf.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
Hi /trv/, what is the most remote, far-away, deserted place you have been to?
>>
How about being on a research vessel off the coast of the Atlantic, around Georges Bank, south of the Bay of Fundy?
>>
>>1131032
Not deserted enough.
You were surrounded by researchers.
>>
File: LIFE_AQUATIC_D1-759.jpg (27 KB, 639x360) Image search: [Google]
LIFE_AQUATIC_D1-759.jpg
27 KB, 639x360
>>1131046
You've clearly never been surrounded by researchers.
>>
>>1131025
Pripyat.
>>
>>1131025
Doesn't really count, but feels like it was the South Island of New Zealand. That place feels like the far distant asshole of the world. Even in the North of New Zealand you feel remote from everything - television news ceases to have relevance - but by the time you get to the South Island you feel long gone from the real world. You have the whole alienating suburban thing going on, but on an island in the middle of no where as well. Maybe it was just my personal perception, but even Africa didn't feel as removed from modern civilisation for me.
>>
>>1131079
I've always thought of going on a trip from the North Island to the south, would you say the feeling of being away from civilization added to the thrill of the trip?
>>
>>1131081
>would you say the feeling of being away from civilization added to the thrill of the trip?
No.
>>
>>1131069
>Pripyat
>deserted
>: D
>>
>>1131025
I go to that deserted place everyday, anon. It's called my life.
>>
File: riks.png (359 KB, 846x815) Image search: [Google]
riks.png
359 KB, 846x815
riksgränsen
>>
Somewhere up in Ontario on a fishing trip on some lake kinda near, but not really, kenora.

Roatàn island... but that wasn't that remote, it just felt like it.

Driving thru Honduras or Costa Rica.

Driving thru Wyoming.
>>
>>1131154
Get out of here stalker!
>>
Where is op's pick?
>>
>>1131636
Elliðaey. Belongs to Iceland.
>>
>>1131264
I kind of want to explore the north of both Sweden and Norway. I get a Beyond The Wall-feeling by looking at pictures/videos.
>>
File: kuroshima-overview.gif (57 KB, 315x253) Image search: [Google]
kuroshima-overview.gif
57 KB, 315x253
Not really that remote but probably Kuroshima. Total population of 210. Really comfy to bike around
>>
tree planting outside of Jellicoe, Ontario
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.