[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Me and my three friends (we're all Asian and female from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 10.jpg (39 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
39 KB, 852x480
Me and my three friends (we're all Asian and female from Cali) will be backpacking and traveling around Europe for three months. Will the fact that we are Asian and female make us easy targets for people trying to harm us? I assume we will somewhat stand out from the crowd.
>inb4 tits or gtfo and other similar comments
>>
>>1130021
You will stand out because you are obviously tourists. It will make you a prime target for pickpockets.
>>
> I assume we will somewhat stand out from the crowd.
>Thinking you're a special snow flake because you have slanty eyes and a vagina.

Europe is a melting pot of different ethnicities. No one will bat an eyelid. Of course, it would help if you told us what parts of Europe you're going to. You're more likely to stand out in Eastern Europe to Western Europe for example.
>>
>>1130021
From the moment you step foot on the plane the cabin crew will give a nudge nudge wink wink and the word will go out in europe for anyone wanting to order chinese take-out

once landed you'll be drugged and taken to the local whore house in europe where you will begin a life of servitude being sold to highest bidder each night

suitable replacement similar looking mongols will be brought in from asia and sent home to your parents
>>
If you will be really backpacking, as in sleeping wherever you can, not always being 100% clean and perfect makeup, people will have a lot more respect for you, than for your average hop on hop off Chinese or Korean tourists.

I hosted many Asians through CS and WS, and I had the best experience with those that were basically bumming around either with just a backpack or on a bike, and they were dependent somewhat on the kindness of locals. Obviously they were more open to strike a conversation with strangers, but that is what getting to know the country means.
>>
>>1130061
Haha not a hot chick instead?
>>
>>1130116
I don't think being hot garners them respect.

I did have good experience with hot chicks and ugly ones alike, no correlation. Anyone can be a fun person to be around.
>>
>>1130021
>make us easy targets for people trying to harm us

Nobody will be trying to harm you unless you're a colossal idiot and go somewhere you shouldn't at the wrong time. So far as pickpocketing is concerned asians are known to be more of a target since they have a reputation for carrying around shitloads of money and expensive gear. So long as you don't look like the classic asian tourist you can mitigate some of that though, just be sensible with precautions.
>>
>>1130021
just google the scams in Europe. There are a few known ones but they can be avoided.

Anyone looking a tad brown with a clipboard is someone you must avoid at any time, eg.
>>
>>1130191
Asians are targets because when something happens to them here in EU they just freeze up and are too scared to say or do anything.

But then again you won't look like the asians with surgical masks and huge caps on their head.

Whats up with the surgical masks? We have like less polution and diseases than Asia...
>>
>>1130021
You and your friends are all about to get raped.

During the gang-rape the men will stop suddenly and strike artistic poses and take turns photographic their friends' chunky semen dripping from you various orifices.
>>
Europe is like California now, there's areas you do not go to, but there's nothing of value in the immigrant slums so you aren't missing anything.

Foreigners are targets for crime, especially Asians. There's a lot of clueless Chinese (I mean actual people from China) going to Europe now with a lot of money. Criminals target them knowing they have no street smarts, and often cant even report the crimes to police because of language barriers. It's gotten so bad that Rome and Paris actually have Chinese police on loan to work as liasians.

Use your women card to your advantage, if someone is hassling you just yell fuck off to them. You'll establish that you speak English and whoever is bothering you will move onto an easier target.

A lot of rural places have gotten pretty racist towards asians too. They never used to have any non whites, and now they get bus loads of rude Chinese tourists. They often price gouge Chinese too. Demonstrate that you speak English and you can get treated better.

If you just use the common sense you have to use at home already, you'll be fine. Europe is still nice, it's just not as nice as it used to be.
>>
>implying OP can inb4
tits or gtfo and other similar comments
>>
>>1130193
They wear then in their own countries especially japan. Japs are fucking TERRIFIED of catching a cold like its the black plague. You cant fucking sneeze in japan without someone freaking out thinking you have a cold.

And any old wives tales are taken as fact there. Get wet in rain? Cold. Not wear 40 jackets in winter? Cold. Dont gargle ater with a stereotypical loud gargling sound every 2 hours? Cold.
>>
looks like our new SJW gook overlords are butthurt

>be a girl and make a thread asking for help but adding the shitty accusatory attitude of 'dont ask about my body pigs'
>perfectly acceptable
>respond in an equally lightly insulting manner
>YOU ARE BANNED

This is why Trump is going to be president.

If you cant take a joke then maybe you need to grow up and get a spine.
>>
>>1130251
>liasians
kek

>>1130259
Chinese people do grow up around criminals. Their government, for example. Prostitution and pimps everywhere, too. It's not so much that China is safer than Europe, because China obviously isn't as safe to a Chinese as Europe is to a European. It's that the Chinese who go abroad have become the sheltered, wealthy class in a peculiar police state and come from a culture that is all about conformity and knowing the way that everyone agrees things work (without really thinking much about why it is that they work that way and how it could be improved). Once they've been comfortably living it up in that world for a while, they get to Europe and are completely baffled by peoples' behaviour, find it difficult to adjust, constantly feel slighted (and slight others back) and basically end up acting like clueless retards. And if you're confused, intimidated and disorientated by a new, crowded surrounding full of bigger, tougher people then you're used to, then you're a relatively easy victim for opportunist thieves.

Plus the Chinese have a tendency to carry wads of cash about with them and the pickpockets know that now.
>>
E. Europe is perfectly safe. In any case, you will be prejudiced more for being Americans rather than women or Asian. When you land, immediately speak 50 decibels lower.
>>
>>1130255
I always thought Japs wore masks because they themselves are already sick and don't want to pass it on to others or due to their allergies. I don't think it has anything to do with fear of getting sick or pollution, does it?
>>
>>1130021
Asians women are very desirable in the eyes of european men. You will get lots of attention especially since you speak english. Could be a plus or minus depending on what you want from the trip.
>>
File: 1443761494116.jpg (22 KB, 266x280) Image search: [Google]
1443761494116.jpg
22 KB, 266x280
>>1130194
oh dear! not op but i was considering on going to europe but now i might have to reconsider. artistic poses are so gauche.
>>
>>1130414
Your stereotype is bullshit. American tourists are usually the nicest ones at any place in Europe.
Americans arent prejudiced in Europe either, like in other places.

So yeah, get your shit straight.

Trust me, I'm a European travel journalist.
>>
>>1130021
>Help me /trv/ I'm traveling to what is arguably the safest continent on the world
Just use common sense and you'll be fine.
> I assume we will somewhat stand out from the crowd.
Unless that crowd is in rural Eastern Europe: no, you wont.
>>
>>1130478
Safest continent. Nope.
>>
>>1130480
Oceania is the only one that would come close.
>>
>>1130480
Which one so ?
>>
>>1130481
Antarctica.
>>
>I assume we will somewhat stand out from the crowd.

nope

go to any popular tourist destination in europe and asian people will make up at least like 1/3 of tourists. In others (Rome, Paris etc) you will be looking at 1/2 asian
>>
>>1130473
This. They wear the masks because they are already sick and want to be courteous to others by not getting them sick.
>>
>>1130335
>It's not so much that China is safer than Europe, because China obviously isn't as safe to a Chinese as Europe is to a European
Confirmed for never living in China.
>>
>>1130473
>>1131088

Only partially correct. They wear the masks for 4 reasons:

1. Are sick, don't want to pass their viruses, etc. on to anyone else;
2. Are afraid of getting sick, especially in cold and flu seasons;
3. Have something wrong on the lower half of the face (usually pimples, sometimes missing teeth);
4. Want to avoid people, so hide behind mask.

You'd think #1 + #2 would be the most common reasons, but I think #3 + #4 are really what's going on most of the time.
>>
>>1130477
>Trust me, I'm a European travel journalist.
kys senpai

>>1130509
London is full of Asians. They speak Asianese there, though. Nobody in that damned city speaks proper English.

>>1130480
Well, it's the safest -actually populated- continent anyway. People go out of their way to avoid you. Only minorities will give you trouble in the West. East is peaceful. East's reputation of being wild comes from how much we hate each other, not Western foreigners.

You really ought to look out in poorer countries where people have an incentive and means to scam you or harm you.
>>
>>1131124
Unless you start a tribe and use sais tribe for a territorial war you'll be fine.
>>
>>1130021
Don't listen to the media, 99.999999% of guys arn't out to rape you.
Just be normal Califoria safe. Like you don't walk around the getto in Califoria at night either.
Also if I buy you a drink and ask you to my hotel, it's not rape becuase you willfully drank a beer, and willfully came over, Okay?
>>
>>1130021
Berlin/Germany here.

No one gives a fuck.
>>
>>1130477
lol fuck off
>>
>>1130030
>>Thinking you're a special snow flake because xyz
cali is filled with people like this
>>
>>1130032
true story. thanks for bringing this to light
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.