[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
$1,000 travel voucher... where to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
my girlfriend and I each received $500 from United for them messing up some flights last year. now we're debating where to go. so... where should we go for $500 or less airfare each?

relaxing is a must. but with opportunity to explore.
>>
Where you can go for that price depends on what airport you start from. For example, Hawaii is nice, but I only see $513 fares from San Francisco, and nowhere else (not that I have looked very hard).
>>
Not to hijack the thread, but I have $1200 in travel vouchers from Delta that I need to use by September 7th. Thinking either Brazil, Romania, or India, or some combination of multiple countries. Also have $300 in jetBlue credit.
>>
>>1130083
Why do you have all that credit??
>>
>>1130083

I have the jetBlue credit because I canceled a flight and they refunded the cost of the airfare minus $50.

I got the Delta vouchers from a combination of delays and bumps. When I was flying home from Bogota, Colombia, my flight got held up for nearly 24 hours. Delta issued all passengers vouchers for about $200. I was also supposed to connect from Atlanta to Detroit, but the flight was overbooked and I volunteered to be bumped. They said they'd give me $600 in credit but ended up printing off a voucher for $1000.
>>
>>1130083

Romaniaaaaaa!

That's where I want to go in the spring. I think Romania would be a blast
>>
>>1130083
Romania>brasil>>>>>>>india
>>
>>1130311

I've been to India five or six separate times over the last four years. I also lived in Delhi for a year. It might not be your cup of tea, but I have a ton of friends there that I miss a lot.

>>1130304
>>1130311

I'd probably spend more time in Moldova than Romania. Not trying to be a Real Traveler - I have a friend who's doing a stint in the Peace Corps before shipping back home and off to medical school. He's stationed in some city there and keeps inviting me to visit. I have another buddy in the same situation in Tanzania and I want to go see him as well.

Not sure what I'll do yet. I'll probably go either Brazil or Romania/Moldova if I can find a sub-$650 flight and then use the rest of the money in conjunction with my bank account to go to India later.

Gotta decide by September 7th, though.

What's Romania like? I've been around the Balkans a bit (Serbia, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, etc) and liked it a lot.
>>
File: Internal_Destruction.jpg (12 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Internal_Destruction.jpg
12 KB, 400x225
>>1129989
this

>mfw op is always a faggot who never includes enough information
>>
>>1130083
I'd wait til the fall and do a ORD/BOS/NYC to DUS/TXL/CGN fare for ~~$400 and spend the rest to go to brazil or wait for a cheap fare to asia
>>
>>1130098
You travel enough, you'll get there. I reached United Platinum premier with 115 PQS year end in 2015 and one time they cancelled my flight and totally botched the rebooking, they gave me $250, another time they cancelled my flight for mechanical and put me in Newark overnight (for an entire fucking 24 hours to the next flight) and they gave me $350.

If you're also willing to volunteer when a flight is oversold or there are weight/balance issues then you can get quite a bit of money. I almost took a $600 ecert on United summer last year to drive three hours (versus a half hour flight, 100 miles) but I was a few seconds too late to take them up on that offer (someone else reached the podium first).
>>
>>1131064

Thanks for the good suggestion, but my vouchers expire on September 7th. I have to book by that date.
>>
>>1131235
Usually United Travel certificates dictate that the booking of the ticket must occur by the booking date listed, but the actual travel can occur on a date after expiration. Or is it for a different airline?
>>
>>1131239

It's for Delta (I'm not OP, I'm >>1130083). I'd assume that the fall deals don't occur until it's fall, right? Or am I wrong?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.