[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello /trv/ i want to move about for a while and think by myself.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1465430338135.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465430338135.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
hello /trv/
i want to move about for a while and think by myself.

my question is: is it a real thing to go to the airport and ask the staff to suggest you one of the cheapest tickets currently available,to any destination? Can I get a cheap flight, like by filling the last seat of a plane that's just about to leave?
I'm in quebec, canada
for context, I dont intend on spending much but I have enough money in bank (18k) to move around for a little time. I would like to visit other continents. I'm open to trans-oceanic boat alternatives too.

ty for your time
pic unrelated
>>
I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask, but if you really don't care where your destination is, I bet it's possible to find tickets for the same low prices online.
>>
>>1129726
What I dream of is to one day just hop on a train/bus which leads mot SOMEWHERE. And then just go with the flow. I have the money. First I'm just gonna get /fit/ and complete nursing school. Then I'll take the next flight to SOMEWHERE.

The goal is to find the unknown - Anon
>>
>>1129726

>ask the staff

I think that would have worked a few years back, but nowadays they'll most likely look at you with wide eyes like you're a fucking retard for not knowing how to use the internet (google.com/flights).
>>
>>1129953
>I think that would have worked a few years back, but nowadays they'll most likely look at you with wide eyes like you're a fucking retard
They will probably look at you with surprise, yes, but if you go to a ticketing desk at an airport they will still look and sell you a ticket. Of course, the cheapest ticket from Quebec is probably to somewhere not so interesting. Have a nice vacation in Mississauga!
>>
is it possible to work on a ship and earn my ride?
>>
>>1130353
>is it possible to work on a ship and earn my ride?
Yes.

> is it easy?
No.

> why?
because you have no skills, qualifications, license, or diploma.
>>
>>1130357
i do in fact have skills and qualifications and a diploma but admittedly not in navigating or rowing
>>
>>1131537
>not in navigating or rowing
So no skills, qualifications or diploma.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.