[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most bizarre/exotic place you've been to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: peptobismolake.jpg (45 KB, 600x305) Image search: [Google]
peptobismolake.jpg
45 KB, 600x305
Most bizarre/exotic place you've been to?
>>
ur moms pussy xd
>>
Hiva Oa, Kauehi or Maupiti
>>
>>1129633
Legion Etrangere...
>>
>>1129633
Reminds me of Tongariro
>>
File: richat structure.jpg (138 KB, 964x630) Image search: [Google]
richat structure.jpg
138 KB, 964x630
I been here.
>>
>>1129633

This is going to sound like low level tripe, but one of the most bizarre looking places I've ever seen was actually in North Dakota.

I was working in the oil fields at the time and on my way back out to a remote well to relieve a co-worker so he could go into town to shower and shit. It was night time, and pretty foggy.

Coming over the crest of the hill, there was a pervasive orange glow through the fog over the entire horizon. When I crested it, I could see hundreds on hundreds of flames shooting up over miles and miles of flat landscape, illuminating the entire area with a soft deep orange glow. Really surreal, probably wont ever see anything like it again.

Not that it was particularly mysterious, all the wells in the area are connected into a high pressure natural gas pipeline that they feed into. If for some reason the pipeline can't accept gas, for instance if a compressor station somewhere miles away has a problem or is at capacity, the excess is vented off and burned through flares on each well.

Still pretty neat, I wish I had taken a photo.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.