[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /trv/ How is it called when someone offers his service (4-6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: B4NmfHdCAAECilt.jpg (71 KB, 592x790) Image search: [Google]
B4NmfHdCAAECilt.jpg
71 KB, 592x790
Hey /trv/
How is it called when someone offers his service (4-6 hrs/day) as a bartender or roomkeeper for free accommodation at an hostel. Can I book in advance for those services(guess not but just in case). How many days can I stay with such an offer, I guess it changes from manager to manager however better safe than sorry.

Thanks and sorry for the poor grammar.
>>
>>1129317
Try websites helpx.net and WWOOF. I just had a great experience with helpx. But I can't tell you what it is called though, volunteering abroad I suppose and I know some who refer to it as WWOOFing!
>>
>>1129330
Hey, thanks. Is there such thing for hostels like not doing farming work but more like bartending? I don't mind the work it is just that I need a place close to the city I wanted.
>>
A lot of hostels won't outright advertise that they're looking for help in exchange for a bed. It's against labor laws in a lot of countries to not actually pay you. If youre staying at a hostel you like just buddy up with the owners or someone working there and ask them if they need help in exchange for a bed. Most places will expect you do laundry and prepare beds for a few hours in the afternoon. Nothing to strenuous. I did it for about two weeks at a hostel in Lodz. I got along really well with the manager. When I asked him to extend my stay a few days he offered a bed for free if I cleaned a few hours a day. Worked out great for a short amount of time but I wouldn't want to do it for more than a few weeks.
>>
>>1129514
I just need couple of days. Hope they'd like bartending. Thanks
>>
>>1130039
I don't think that would work, most hostels don't really have a full running bar, it's just a fridge loaded with beer and the hostel attendant manages that.

But yeah, cleaning a bit and makind beds and stuff does work, I know people who did it at a pretty cool hostel in Gran Canaria.
>>
>>1130207
Thanks. Well the hostels I have been at, ran a bar.
>>
>>1130515
In that case, yeah, give it a shot. Also, woofing mostly focuses on organic farms, but you can take a look at helpx.org (or .net, cant remember) and they usually have all sorts of gigs available, lots of them at hostels.
>>
>>1130578
Thanks guys
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.