[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BEST THEME PARKS IN THE WORLD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 22
File: image.jpg (308 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308 KB, 980x551
Post your top 10 theme parks/amusement parks in the world.

1 - Europa Park - Rust, Germany
2 - Efteling - Kaatscheuvel, Netherlands
3 - Disneyland - Anaheim, California, USA
4 - Islands of Adventure - Orlando, Florida, USA
5 - Tokyo DisneySea - Tokyo, Japan
6 - Busch Gardens Williamsburg - VA, USA
7 - Universal Studios Orlando - FL, USA
8 - Tivoli Gardens - Copenhagen, Denmark
9 - Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Blackpool, England
10 - Gardaland - Italy
>>
File: Pacha+edit+comp_559202_5821273.jpg (48 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
Pacha+edit+comp_559202_5821273.jpg
48 KB, 557x605
>tfw live 30 minutes away from Blackpool pleasure beach
It's still my favourite theme park
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 1000x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 1000x449
>>1129257
Missing from that list: PortAventura & Terra Mitica in Spain, two amazing parks that aren't talked about enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 500x375
knoebels in Elysburg, PA

I believe it's the biggest or one of the biggest free general admission amusement parks in the U.S. Probably way down on your list in-regards to overall enjoyment. The park does have a certain charm to it.

Also in PA we have Hersey Park which is widely known for its rides.
Not sure where that would be on your list since I've only been to Disney and Universal on your list.
>>
>>1129257
>Efteling that high
Wablief?
The atmosphere's great, sure, but the rides are shit.
Put Islands of Adventure higher.
Also, it's missing Alton Towers.
>>
>>1130072
Every time I drive by Dutch Wonderland in here in Lancaster, someone has always been hit by a car. :P
>>
>>1129257
Disney World > Disneyland
Also you forgot Cedar Point
>>
File: Kennywood_Park.jpg (778 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kennywood_Park.jpg
778 KB, 1600x1200
>>1130072
Knoebels is my home park and it feels great that it is getting so much recognition the past 5-10 years or so. The park has been owned by the same family for over 80 years, and the Knoebels are widely respected in the theme park industry.

I still think that Kennywood is the best park in PA, and deserves to be on top 10 lists along with Knoebels. They have the perfect balance of historic charm and great rides. That place is like a time capsule for the history of amusement parks in America.
>>
File: 78542075.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
78542075.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
>>1130075
Baron 1898
Flying Dutchman
Fata Morgana
>shit
All of these rides are better than the rides at IOA. The new King Kong is shit and even though they've got Harry Potter it's a shitty IP even if the rides are good.
>>
> Cedar Point not listed

Is this a real list?
>>
>>1130733
Cedar Point only has one thing going for it, which is the large number of coasters. I guess also location, but for the most part the park is cramped overcrowded and tacky like other cedarfair and six flags parks. I especially can't stand when they put giant ads on the rides, that disqualifies any park from top 10 international lists imo.

Here's my list of top parks in the US:

1 - Disneyland
2 - Islands of Adventure
3 - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
4 - Universal Studios Orlando
5 - Cedar Point
6 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
7 - Six Flags Great Adventure
8 - Hersheypark
9 - Busch Gardens Tampa
10 - Holiday World

It feels like i'm missing an important one, but this list mostly feels good.
>>
thanks for reminding me that im poor. I'd hang myself, but I can't afford the rope. anyways my top 10 are

1 disney - orlando (shit's just magical no matter what age
2 universal studios - orlando
3 Islands of adventure - orlando
4 MGM studios - orlando
5 epcot - orlando
6 wet and wild - your little sister's place - orlando
7 busch gardens - orlando
8 some shitty amusment park/zoo - kanagawa japan.. i think
9 6 flags - georgia maybe...?
10 my uncles lap - orlando

guess which state i live in.
>>
>>1129257
Bush Gardens is a great place to fuck fat chicks.
>>
>>1129257
I'm not really sure how Disneyland could make the list, but Disneyworld didn't. Was this a typo or do you really love the teacups that much?
>>
File: dorney-park-and-ww-kingdom.jpg (831 KB, 2000x1319) Image search: [Google]
dorney-park-and-ww-kingdom.jpg
831 KB, 2000x1319
>>1130072
>>1130722
Knoebels and Kennywood are COMPLETE TRASH.

If we have to pick a decent theme park in Pennsylvania, it has to be Dorney Park/Wild Water Kingdom.
>>
>>1130739
>>1130758

Many keks! Yankee Doodle blue jeans cowboy want international trip so he go from Texas to California! So much different cultures! Burgers in California have different lettuce, so exotic! Mister cowboy is international explorer now!
>>
>>1130739

Cedar Point has one thing going for it. Having the best and most diverse coasters in the world. Every amusement park is gonna be crowded.
>>
>>1130777
Disney world is fake Disneyland. Disneyland is magic, Disney world is tourist gettto.
>>
>>1131650
If being around tourists rustles you, theme parks in general are probably not for you.
>>
>>1131650

Are you literally retarded or just so fucking smug from sniffing your own farts that you just dont care that people see youre being a fucktard?

DisneyWORLD shits all over disneyland. Its the OG of theme parks on planet earth. Just because your broke ass couldnt afford the trip there doesnt mean it sucks. It means you suck.
>>
>>1129257
Switcharoo LEGOLAND for Tivoli Gardens and you're there.
>>
>>1130722
I love Knoebels. Admittedly I haven't been there in a while (was there on a family vacation when I was like 14, I'm 25 now), but it was legit from what I can remember. Definitely in my top-10.
>>
>>1130758
>7 busch gardens - orlando
Busch Gardens is in Tampa.
>>
File: tumblr_o23eoujCBa1ryzdg2o1_500.jpg (110 KB, 500x709) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o23eoujCBa1ryzdg2o1_500.jpg
110 KB, 500x709
>>1130072
Going to knoebels every year for 8 years with my family has made me loathe the place

Hershey or dorney park all the way
>>
>>1131753
OP here. Reasons Disneyland is better than WDW:

- Tons of rides spread across two gates instead of a handful of rides spread across four gates.

- Disneyland keeps all of their rides and continues adding more. WDW gets rid of classic attractions and replaces them with gimmicky garbage.

- Every single version of a ride that is at Disneyland has a watered down version at WDW. Case in point - Space Mountain and Pirates of the Carribean.

- Indiana Jones, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, World of Color
>>
I've only been to amusement parks in the southern US

1. Islands of Adventure
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Epcot
4. Universal Studios
5. Busch Gardens Tampa
6. Animal Kingdom
7. Hollywood Studios
8. Six Flags Astroworld (defunct)
9. Six Flags Fiesta Texas
10. Six Flags New Orleans (defunct)

I have been to other countries but I feel like amusement parks are something to do when youre bored, not something to travel to. I'd travel to ride a great roller coaster but not to experience an expensive manufactured theme park
>>
>>1131757
Is LEGOLAND actually good
>>
>>1130090
But Disneyland has the nostalgia and history
>>
>mfw I work at Disney World

1.Epcot
2. Universal Studios Florida
3.Tokyo Disney Sea
4. Fuji Q Highland
5. Kings Island
6. Disney's Hollywood Studios
7. Disneyland
8. Busch Gardens Williamsburg
9. Islands of Adventure
10. Magic Kingdom
>>
>>1132472
>Epcot as number one
Nigga, you must be playin. Either that, or you're stuck in the 80s when it was Epcot Center and didn't suck. Almost all the classics have been replaced with garbage that hasn't held up at all. The whole park needs to be scrapped and updated with rides that are actually good to redeem itself. Even that won't bring back Horizons, World of Motion, Journey into Imagination, the Wonders of Live pavilion and Maelstrom the only good rides ever at Epcot.

Also, I heard Fuji-Q is horrible. From what I heard the coasters are shit and the operations are abysmal.
>>
>>1131877
But Epcot is fucking awesome! That has to count for something.
>>
>>1131024
I wonder who started the meme that Europeans are smarter than Americans
>>
>>1132483
>Also, I heard Fuji-Q is horrible. From what I heard the coasters are shit and the operations are abysmal.

Please don't tell me that. I was looking at spending a day there when I go to Japan next year. The coasters sounded pretty awesome.
>>
>>1132764
Japan infamously builds the worst coasters. Togo is possibly the worst coaster manufacturer in existence, yet every Japanese park is filled with them.
>>
File: 1440340769075.jpg (203 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1440340769075.jpg
203 KB, 1024x768
>>1130786
Its decent but it has a lot of trashy Allentown people someone needs to destroy that city
>>
>>1131869
>going to Dorky Park and Wastewater Kingdom
>>
>>1130722
I've been to Kennywood once and it was such an incredible letdown. I've been to Knoebels dozens of times and I always have fun but Kennywood was dirty and falling apart. The rollercoaster at the front of the park was great but everything else was lackluster. I think it was a mistake to let a bunch of people from Altoona tell me what's fun.
>>
>>1132472
As someone who lives closest to kings island and likes it alot it doesnt compare to disney or even bgw
>>
Has anyone here been to Great America?

I'm not saying it's the best, but it does exist. Also a kid got his head kicked straight off his shoulders once.
>>
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 960x639
>>1132805
Then you don't appreciate Kennywood's history and the great lineup of rides, that's fine. But when you say Sky Rocket is the only good ride you are so full of shit. Sky Rocket is probably my least favorite of the coaster lineup including Exterminator because at least that's unique. Lets break this shit down to make you look stupid.
>Phantom's Revenge
Best layout of a steel coaster ever.
>Thunderbolt
Best layout of a woodie ever.
>Jackrabbit
Great old classic, one of the oldest coasters in the country with another awesome layout.
>Racer
Most classic coaster entrance in the world.
>Bayern Curve
Awesome and rare coaster-like flat ride.
>Kangaroo
Awesome and rare flat ride with airtime.
>Noah's Ark
The last remaining Noah's Ark funhouse in the world
>Ghostwood Estate
Not a fan of shooting dark rides, but this is the best one I've ridden.
>Black Widow
Best Zamperla flat ride ever made.
>>
>>1132640
What is so good about Epcot? Their flagship attraction for over 20 years is now a watered down and un-themed version of the Cars ride at California Adventure. Mission Space is the biggest piece of shit "ride" to be built at a Disney park. Soarin' is fucking stupid because its theming is autistic. I mean seriously, why is it themed to airplanes when you're supposed to be hang gliding, and why did they use the California themed video for the Florida attraction? Why did they replace Maelstrom, one of the best rides with fucking Frozen. Why is Frozen part of the World Showcase? What does it have to do with Norway? Why do people like this fucking park IT'S SHIT.
>>
>no Six Flags Great Adventure

baka desu
>>
File: IMG_20160519_123337.jpg (4 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160519_123337.jpg
4 MB, 3120x4160
>>1129257
>Blackpool Pleasure Beach beating Alton Towers
Sure they have great woodies but AT has Nemesis
>>
Wild Rivers Waterpark in Irvine, CA USA was the shit when it was open.
>>
>>1129257
1) Cedar Point

POWER GAP

> everything else
>>
>>1129257
i'm italian and gardaland it's real shit
>>
>>1129728
Seconded.
Recently shat myself in the Dragon Khan and Shamballa, would do it again
>>
>>1132845
I work at Kings island and I don't think they're really comparable, they're different theme park experiences. Cedar Point shits all over us tho.
>>
>>1132987
I wanna ride this so bad but im all the way in murica
>>1133158
Alot of my friends that go to ki and cp prefer ki. Also how do you like working at ki and why is diamondback the best ride there?
>>
File: IMG_20160519_123653.jpg (3 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160519_123653.jpg
3 MB, 3120x4160
>>1133160
It's worth it, track is smooth but it certainly throws you around.
Have a webm: https://u.pomf.is/zghgkb.webm
>>
>>1129257
>no six flags great adventure

im disregarding this list
>>
>>1133172
Atleast i have banshee near me
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 640x453
>>1132483
Dreamfinder and Captain EO send their regards from the Imagination pavilion at the land of forgotten Epcot attractions. It's a secret underground park right on the outskirts of kissimmee where Disney CEOs take Asian diplomats and spike their sake and coke with acid and force them to ride all the former corporate sponsored rides at epcot until they lose their minds and sign agreements with Disney to undermine the American govt. on trade agreements and accept all of our jobs for their people at no wages. Here's a video of the original Journey Into Imagination:
http://youtu.be/FLg1o6XVtIc
>>
>>1133160
Cedar Point just has more and better rides.
I like working at Kings Island, the pay isn't great and guests can be really shitty sometimes but the coworkers are great and it's a fairly fun job. I'm a ride operator at one of the roller coasters.
My favorite ride is the Beast but I do like Diamondback.
>>
>>1129257
These British lads know how to park trek like pros:
http://youtu.be/fAtUMKH8fx4?list=PLoQWwKrx-__6vZSUhuyXV1JoJmfOvr6dm

I'm admittedly addicted to watching their vlogs. I wonder where they get the time/cash to go to parks all year round?
>>
File: prypjat.jpg (996 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
prypjat.jpg
996 KB, 1024x768
Prypjat, Ukraine. Not too overcrowded as far as I can judge.
>>
>>1133367
Which coaster you work at?
>>
>>1130072
>First time at knobels expect some shit kid park

>Turns out its like a wonderful rollercoaster tycoon theme park

Been there a couple times and brought a girl she loved it 8/10 would go there
>>
>>1131650
Nah, nigger.

Disneyland is ghetto. You can see a 7/11 from the dumbo ride. WDW is Walt's baby and the alpha disney locale.
>>
>>1134626
Walt didnt want world to be a copy of land and yet
>>
>>1133378
I watch this guys videos sometimes but I just wish the themepark fan base wasn't so autistic
>>
File: dreamland.jpg (281 KB, 1600x834) Image search: [Google]
dreamland.jpg
281 KB, 1600x834
If any of you are in London or SE England, come here I'm telling you. Victoriana themed, it used to be abandoned til they reopened it.
>>
Magic mountain is fucking awesome. Every single time I go I get to ride every ride in the park, and normally I get to go on a couple back to back since the lines just disappear, it's great. They just opened some new coasters as well, full throttle was pretty great, and has a rapid takeoff, the one type of coaster the park was missing.

Also keep in mind the park has a ton of history, including the first looping roller coaster, which was actually recently renovated and has been updated to be a 3D oculus coaster which involves fighting aliens or some shit, I have yet to ride it, but honestly that sounds fucking badass.

I love coasters and plan on going to
Cedar Point someday as in my book it's the one park that can compete with Magic Mountain.
>>
>>1134626
>WDW is Walt's baby and the alpha disney locale.

He died before ground was broken, retard

Also you're both wrong: all Disney parks are kitschy crap
>>
>>1130758
Gooood! then get in here >>1134800 and help me lol
>>
>>1134807
actually all of yo, get in here >>1134800 and help a spic out
>>
>>1134799
Truuuuuuu

It's for children, I have no clue how an adult could actually rank a Disney park over any roller coaster park for anything other than nostalgia reasons
>>
>>1135028
Well theres people that are more into dark rides and theming
>>
File: sadnesscoversmelikeablanket.jpg (57 KB, 495x636) Image search: [Google]
sadnesscoversmelikeablanket.jpg
57 KB, 495x636
>>1132483
>MFW Horizons will never come back.

I will admit that, yes, I did list Epcot as number one simply for nostalgia goggle reasons. Horizons is pretty much my favorite thing ever. HOWEVER, I still like walking around World Showcase and gutting drunk.
>>
>>1135035
I totally am.
>>
>>1134799
Yeah, he did. So? The Florida Project was his idea, he scouted the location and was heavily involved in it's creative development.
>>
File: 139439103041.gif (2 MB, 587x350) Image search: [Google]
139439103041.gif
2 MB, 587x350
>>1135168
>tfw Universe of Energy is probably getting replaced with Guardians of the Galaxy
>>
>>1135194
That would suck because it's one of only three original attractions left at Epcot. I do wish they would cut off the movie shit in the ride though, it's too long and boring with it. Why the fuck does Disney suck so bad at preservation of what they've already built? They could save a ton of money and make everyone happy by simply updating the original rides instead of flat out replacing them. I think what they did with the living seas ride when they turned it into Nemo was alright, but Journey into Imagination with Figment was fail of epic proportions when they cut over half the ride off and replacing Maelstrom with Frozen is unforgivable. I too miss Horizons, it was probably the biggest and most elaborate dark ride ever built and the ride system was amazing. It's hard to believe it was there for less than 20 years and its replacement is now an outdated space "simulator" gimmick that nobody gives a shit about. Same with Test Track, it is outdated and only cares about it anymore, but World of Motion was Epcot's Pirates of the Caribbean and would have stood the test of time today. Whoever is in charge of Epcot has to be one of the biggest idiots at Disney.
>>
>>1130739
Stupidest reason for not putting a park on top 10
>>
>>1130776
you think they'll put out?
>>
Are there real british girls at the potter areas of universal?
>>
>>1131877
Agree with all of this my man! Pirates at WDW is backwards.
>>
File: 4334617.jpg (134 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
4334617.jpg
134 KB, 800x600
>>1129257
Mirabilandia, Italy, is great too
>>
>>1136175
Looks fun
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3300x4862) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3300x4862
>All of this Busch Gardens Williamsburg hubbub

I'll admit their parks are cleaner and have better all-around attractions, but for strictly thrill rides and just scraping the water park scene Kings Dominion has always been my go-to.
>>
File: darien lake.png (52 KB, 200x148) Image search: [Google]
darien lake.png
52 KB, 200x148
>>1130072
I live really close to another, larger park in New York (pic related), but I still go to Knoebels far more. Knoebels is a pretty small park without any crazy rides, but the feel of the place is sublime.
>>
Six Flags Great Adventure is the best worst theme park in the world
>>
I'll give you one of the worst: 6 flags America in Washington DC. The crowd is typically 85 percent inner city black people. You can't turn away from your belongings for 3 seconds of someone will steal them. Ive seen black kids steal half-eaten french fries at 6 flags america.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRFoVBUB7oE
>>
>>1137116
I know, I went there for my dad's work picnics in the 90s when it was Wild World and Adventure World and it wasn't nearly as bad then. As soon as Six Flags took over, it turned into the actual hood. Last time I was there was for Fright Fest back in 06, it was scary but not the way we were expecting. We seemed like the only white people in the park! Just walking through the park was like being in a giant scare maze except you needed to beware that the spooks really will touch you if you're not careful..
>>
Personal top 10

1:Islands of Adventure
2: Epcot
3:Alton Towers
4:Blackpool Pleasure Beach
5:Universal Studios
6:Disneyland (Indiana Jones gives it the edge over magic kingdom)
7:Port Aventura
8:Thorpe Park
9:Chessington
10: Disney MGM (yes it's been a long time since I went)
>>
Any coaster wusses who still really enjoy theme parks?

Went on Thirteen at alton towers yesterday because everyone said it was a mild family ride.

>dat fucking steep first drop
>dat airtime
>having to cover up that my legs were shaking when I got off

For some reason all the British theme parks seem to be tearing down their log flumes which makes me sad.
>>
>>1129257
I think Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay is better than Williamsburg
>>
>>1137231
Compared to other alton coasters it is a family ride
>steep drop
I dont think you could handle saw at thorpe park
>>
>>1137231
>For some reason all the British theme parks seem to be tearing down their log flumes which makes me sad.

Thorpe Park seem to be just renovating theirs. I was going to go there for my birthday this year, but then found that Logger's Leap was closed.

Deal breaker.
>>
>>1137340

Seemingly been confirmed it's going. It's been removed from the maps.

Could be that it's getting a complete overhaul rather than a cleanup and getting a rebrand/rename mind.

It's a shame as Loggers Leap has a god tier final drop.
>>
>>1137116
And people STILL don't believe that niggers ruin everything?
>>
JUST a reminder that universal has a mummy ride
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.