[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
traveling from Israel to Iran
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Iran-Israel.jpg (13 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
Iran-Israel.jpg
13 KB, 400x266
How to accomplish this in the way that will fuck me the least.

I am neither Israeli nor Jew, but live and work in Tel Aviv
>>
>>1128942
I think they will send you away at the border if there is evidence that you have been to Israel. Do you have a passport without Israeli stamps? If so, you might try to fly to Turkey and get to Iran overland? No idea, 2bh.
>>
>>1128942
>How to accomplish this in the way that will fuck me the least.
Kek

Step 1: move to another country
Step 2: get a new passport
Step 3: Visit Iran, it's a great country
>>
>>1128942
I don't think they stamp your passport in Israel for precisely this reason. You get an additional document instead of a stamp. I might be wrong about this, though.

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forums/middle-east/israel/no-more-israeli-passport-stamps
>>
>>1129005
they do both. they stamp the passport of people who they can't be reasonably sure can be trusted with freedom of movement.

afaik the extra document applies mostly to businessmen, jews, and people who necessarily need freedom of movement.

for tourists I'm pretty sure they just stamp it so that it isn't expedient for radicals to visit iran and israel.
>>
See if your country can issue you a separate passport for the 'problematic' countries. I know mine does (central europe).
>>
>>1129009
I went to Israel about 3 months ago as a tourist and they didn't stamp my passport, just gave a card which I had to get stamped on exit.

Also it's not just Iran that won't let you in with an Israeli stamp, it's the majority of Arab countries, including the UAE, which can be very problematic if you have a stopover there
>>
I was in Iran two months ago. The customs officer on entry and exit double check your passport for Israeli stamps and ask you if you have ever been to Israel. If you can say no (i.e. lie) with a straight face, you should be fine.
>>
>>1129118
Won't they know by looking at my ticket info that I have traveled from Israel -> Turkey -> Iran?
Surely if they find out I am lying, they will give me the aforementioned fucking.
>>
>>1129106
UAE is fine with an Israel stamp.
>>
>>1129162
You are literally flying from Israel, to Iran, with a short change over in Turkey? If this isn't bait you're an idiot.
>>
>>1129188
Read the thread title you fuckboi, the entire predicament is that OP wants to visit Iran from Israel.
>>
For a normal tourist visa, they don't stamp your passport at the airport or at the Allenby bridge border crossing. At the other border crossings, they do stamp, and I have no idea how it works when you have some sort of residence permit, which I assume you have.

Short answer: If you have evidence in your passport that you've been to Israel, i.e. Israeli, Jordanian or Egyptian border stamps, any other Israeli stamps or stickers with Hebrew labelling, you'll be denied entry to Iran. Other evidence of visiting, such as images on your camera or Israeli souvenirs in your luggage should they search it (I'd skip the "I <3 Jerusalem" T-shirt) can technically also lead to you being denied entry.
>>
>>1129296
To add to this; lying to customs/immigration officials is usually considered a pretty serious crime, doubly so in angry shithole countries like Iran.
>>
Not OP, but im planning on going Israel-Jordan-Oman-UAE, will there be any issues with the Israel stamp? I know Jordan is fine, but not too sure about the other two.
>>
>>1128942

Hi, OP.

All this REALLY depends on where you're from. No matter what you do, you'll have to put everything on separate tickets, but if you're from the US, Canada, India, or the UK (and a few other countries), you'll have to apply for a visa in advance - and you have to do with without including ANY evidence that you're living in Israel right now.

If all else fails, you can probably go to Kish Island. From what I hear from friends who did short visits from Dubai, it's a pretty meh place that's trying desperately hard to be a luxe party island (but no alcohol or anything really hedonistic), but supposedly the people are super friendly, there's great food, and you get to say you've been to Iran (if that's important to you).

Biggest problem will probably be explaining to the IDF guys on return what the fuck you were doing in Iran.
>>
>>1129162
I never showed them my ticket. When they asked me where I am coming from I said from Istanbul, with Turkish. They were generally pleased with that answer.

To be honest, I wouldn't risk it going directly from Israel and would buy two separate tickets: Tel Aviv->somewhere and somewhere->Iran.
>>
>>1129550
Where are you from?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.